Identifieng Malay P4s

I am building a custom system and I MUST have a Malaysian P4. Anyone know how to tell if it is a Malay or not by looking at the box?
7 answers Last reply
More about identifieng malay
  1. Dunno how but just curious. why is it so important?

:cool: :eek: :redface: :frown: :lol: :mad: :eek: :smile: :tongue: :wink:
  2. Cause the Costas won't OC as easily from 1.8 to 2.7. The Malays are just made a little better... and for the amount of abuse that I am going to dish out on this proc, a well made chip is essential.

I figured out the answer btw... Took me about 5 hours of sifting through backwards ass, poorly translated korean website to figure out that if the FPO# starts with 3 its a Costa and if it starts with an L, its a Malay. You can read this number right off of the box.

Just call me detective ZeroPoint.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by ZeroPoint on 08/25/02 12:03 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
  3. Wow, you sure? That's quite impressive. BTW, where'd you hear the Malays overclock better? Just wondering :smile: .

<i>Past mistakes may make you look stupid, but avoiding future ones will make you look smart!</i>
  4. I don't think it makes sense that a different country chip would be better.
    I mean aren't they all made in the same fab or in the USA where Intel's fabs are?

--
    And now, an advice from your friendly Nike shoes slogan: JUST DO HER!
  5. Nope, Intel's got may fabs around the world, like in Peurto Rico(sp?) and Philipenes and Malaysia and other places (actually, maybe they're not fabs, and just centers... I dunno) where they put together their chips.

<i>Past mistakes may make you look stupid, but avoiding future ones will make you look smart!</i>
  6. Still, IIRC the stepping is what determines the OCability, such as the Tbird AXIA being known as some 1.6A-like OCer.

--
    And now, an advice from your friendly Nike shoes slogan: JUST DO HER!
  7. But some fabs may be getting better yeilds than others.

Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs