1. What is your budget?
1700-200 dollars, id prefer to keep it towards the 1700 sides but can go to a maximum of 2000.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
At least 17 inches as i dont plan to be actually traveling much with it
3. What screen resolution do you want?
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Desktop replacement it really only needs to go from one house and desk to the other as i live between two houses
5. How much battery life do you need?
as stated above it will be plugged in almost ll the time so doesnt matter
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
I want to play BF3, Skyrim, ME3, Shogun 2 on all high settings etc on this machine. Id like for this system to be able to run many games on high or high medium setting for at least the next 2 years.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
I will be doing some 3d design but nothing intensive. Some video editing for youtube and some surfing
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Enough to maintain a large collection of games, mods and the occasional video
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
2-3 years optimally 3 or longer
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Everything except bluray as it is just a nice bonus
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I think alienware is overpriced but if theyre offering me exactly what I want then thats fine by me.
Lastly looks do matter to me, it is at the bottom of my list but i dont want it to look plane i want my friends to see it and know its a good laptop. So thanks
The new MSI laptops are pretty good for this budget. I just bought one because my job has me gone most of the time so I wanted something to take my games with me, and I've been pretty happy with it...however, if you're not planning on taking it anywhere, I'd recommend desktop, and if its for saving space, I would look into building a mini atx gaming solution like this: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/microatx-gaming-ove...
Edit: By not taking it anywhere I realize you intend to take it between 2 houses, so I had the mini atx in mind as sort of what you would find in a lan box, easy portability for a desktop.
Thanks I looked into getting a mini-tax but decided quaint it due to the fact that us have to build another set of perpherils. As well as I do travel for work and recreational occasionally so a laptop would be conbeniqnt for that as well.
Edit: replied from my phone And for some reason it butchered the message when as I typed