Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Having Trouble with Windows 7 Install & ULi 1573 drivers

Last response: in Windows 7
August 17, 2009 1:45:37 PM

I'm trying to install Windows 7, I've run into issues with my hard disk controller drivers. I have an Asus Vintage AH-1 barebones system. It's socket 939 (ATI XPRESS 200 chipset), and includes a ULi 1573 Southbridge. Windows can't seem to automatically detect it, and when I use the driver disk provided by Asus, it says that it doesn't include any signed drivers (the closest match to Windows 7 x64 is Windows XP 64-bit drivers). When I get into startup, it can't detect my drives and doesn't accept any of the drivers that I have.

ULi Electronics was apparently purchased by nVidia. Their driver page include executables, but nothing I can throw up on a floppy for windows install. Has anyone else encountered a problem with this Southbridge? or know of any drivers I can use?
October 13, 2009 6:21:27 PM

I got around it by downloading the ULI drivers from http://www.nvidia.com/page/uli_drivers.html. The "Integrated 220" zip file turns into an EXE that is used for installation onto an existing Vista OS. However, if you run the setup.exe, you can get the drivers from your "C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temp". Before running the setup.exe, deleted the contents of your "C:\Documents and Settings\hemyv\Local Settings\Temp" folder so that you can see what is decompressed. Copy these files to a CD or SD card and use the uncompressed driver from one of the SATA folders (can't remember which one) to install a driver during the Windows 7 install.
Score
October 22, 2009 4:49:16 PM

joeblow_69 said:

[...] decompressed. Copy these files to a CD or SD card and use the uncompressed driver from one of the SATA folders (can't remember which one) to install a driver during the Windows 7 install.

Thanks for the help. One question though: did you install Windows 7 32bit or 64bit?
Score
Related resources
November 2, 2009 12:23:05 PM

joeblow_69 said:
I got around it by downloading the ULI drivers from http://www.nvidia.com/page/uli_drivers.html. The "Integrated 220" zip file turns into an EXE that is used for installation onto an existing Vista OS. However, if you run the setup.exe, you can get the drivers from your "C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temp". Before running the setup.exe, deleted the contents of your "C:\Documents and Settings\hemyv\Local Settings\Temp" folder so that you can see what is decompressed. Copy these files to a CD or SD card and use the uncompressed driver from one of the SATA folders (can't remember which one) to install a driver during the Windows 7 install.

Thank you, worked like a charm (its one of the AMD64 drivers). I had all the pieces, just couldn't seem to put them together this morning. Nvidia's download link seems to be broken, but anyone looking for the Integrated 220 drivers should be able to find them elsewhere. Thanks again joeblow_69.
Score
November 3, 2009 10:29:35 PM

I had the same issue until just an hour ago. I went into my bios to install a spare video card since the onboard one would not go above 1024X resolution. while in the bios I noticed PnP OS was disabled. I enabled it for the heck of it. Rebooted and it picked up everything it would not before. So make sure PnP OS is ENABLED in the BIOS
Score
November 20, 2009 1:14:39 AM

Thanks JoeBlow. Your method works like a charm!!! To contribute back, I have uploaded the ULI220 file with the exact SATA folder (where the RAID controller driver is) in the following link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N3LQ69W2

I can get my A8r32-MVP Deluxe to recognize my Raid-0 drive now and able to finish the rest of Windows 7 installation.

When Windows 7 say no drive detected, click on "Load driver" and browse the USB or CD-ROM where you copied the ULI file into. Then point to the following directory to load & install it.
---> G:\ULI_220\SATA\M5289\i386
Score
February 22, 2010 3:09:59 PM

Hi phiquantu, seems that you run a Windows 32bit Version. I'll tried to install Windows 7 Prof. 64 Bit. As recommended I took the drivers in the AMD64 folder. They were displayed as compatible with my hardware but every driver I could choose did not work. After some seconds I got the message that the driver was not found.

What is going wrong here?
Score
July 21, 2012 8:27:31 PM

I know this thread is quite old but THANKS FOR SAVING MY LIFE... Those drivers were near impossible to find for windows 7, but the nvidia site worked, just one note to anyone out there using that nvidia link above
Nvidia has since moved that page, and even then, they didnt check to see if the download links worked, you cant just click on it you have to copy the link and paste it into your address bar and remove the javascript_acceptlicense("") around the link, if you want the link for that file mentioned above here it is, this one is verfied to work as of July 21, 2012, hope it helps
ULi_Integrated220.zip
If that does not work, you can grab the drivers without the installer (which is what you need anyway) from here:
ULI Integrated220 (Drivers only, Repacked)

Hope this helps anyone out there, this driver works for me just fine, my mobo was a ECS RC410-M2 (v2.1) and i wanted to install Windows 7 using SATA, and this is the ONLY driver that worked for me, furthermore, it works installing straight from windows as well if you just need it there unpack it and when you 'rescan manually' for driver locations, just point to it and click on 'include subfolders' and it wont have any problem. FYI: this applies only to 32-bit versions, i cannot speak so for 64-bit as I didnt test that since I dont run it.

:bounce: 
Score
a b $ Windows 7
a b \ Driver
July 21, 2012 9:10:24 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!