1800XP at 1.15ghz Doesn't Sound Right

Socrstud16

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2002
Hey all,

I just recently tested my computer on 3D mark se at received a score of 7422...reallly low score for the parts I have in my opinion..but one thing that really stood out was the XP1800 was listed as AMD Athlon 1.15ghz and 100mhz..is there something wrong with this and if there is how can I fix it? Thanks for your help in advance!!

Socrstud16

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2002
Can I change the setting in the bios or will I have to adjust the jumper on the motherboard? Its a MSI KT3 Ultra. What are some other tweaks to make the computer run at optimal speed without hurting it? How far should I crank up the voltage? Thanks in advance!

chuck232

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2002
DO like so:

Go into BIOS
Go and change the FSB to 133MHz
Reboot

Violà!! You've got a much faster CPU.

<i>Past mistakes may make you look stupid, but avoiding future ones will make you look smart!</i>

eden

Champion
I think it is time I put a sig stating to check for 133MHZ FSB when buying AXPs!

--
And now, an advice from your friendly Nike shoes slogan: JUST DO HER!

peter21

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2002
That MSI board also has a performance option in the bios try rhis out cause not only does it set your system bus to 133MHz it also sets everything to optimal and it sets aggresive ram timings. My system ran unstable with this on(cheap ram) but maybe yours won't. If not just go back to default settings and raise your system bus to 133 from 100. Please post and tell us how you fared.

The only thing i know...

is that i know nothing.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Unlike Intel CPU's, AMD's do not have "detect bus speed" pins, so by default all need to be set manually to 133MHz FSB.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>