jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
I'm waiting for my <A HREF="http://www.highspeedpc.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=HSPC&Product_Code=XPkit&Category_Code=OC" target="_new">XP Unlocking Kit</A> to come in, mean while I been cranking up the heat. To get stable I have to up the CPU volts to 1.85. Is this pushing it to much, I only use the system for an hour or two at most.

Hey Baby, want to play with my computer?

eden

Champion
No it isn't but it sure starts to be hotter.
If nothing happens and your temps are still low, then it is fine, you can overclock further. I would not recommend to go over 2V, though I don't know what the V has to be to crush the core.

--
When buying an AthlonXP, please make sure the bus is at 133MHZ, or you will get a lower speed!

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
OK thanks, I was a little concerned, because I haven't push it so hard. It does get a little hotter, nothing I can't handle thought. Thanks again.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
dont push it TOOO far though...like my poor old tbird 1200C

got it up to 1500mhz... but needed 2.05v on my epoxy 8k3a+ when i ran prime95 it died allmost immediately with an error
when i clocked back to stock... the errors continued... and even underclocked it was buggered.

excessive speed & voltages can damage the core, far as i can tell the L2 cache was perminantly corrupted.

but 1.85 should be ok with a decent cooler

<b>Due to Customer Complaints, this sig has been witdrawn from public use. Thankyou. :lol: </b>

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
To bad about your TB. I don't overclock it to much, because I want it to be stable while playing UT. And I max out around 140 MHz :redface: , but I sure need the hole 1.85 to be stable. No worry about going over 1.85, my mobo doesn't go that high, unless there's an update. KR7A-133R.

EvilHammie

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2002
interestingly my processor was an AXIA...
you owuld think it would overclock well wouldnt you? nup. not that sucker. its stable limit was 1400 to 1450mhz for a 1200mhz chip.

<b>Small. Cute. Fluffy. Evil.</b>