Rumors Hot Up About Apple Netbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tedders

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]bourgeoisdude[/nom]LOL @ title....perhaps you meant "rumors heat[/] up about Apple netbook..."?[/citation]
Lets hope so...

Shnur

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
So they finally decide to get in that business...?
Doing something between an iPhone and a MacBook. I just hope it's not going to be the same interface as the iPhone...

Tedders

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]shnur[/nom]So they finally decide to get in that business...?Doing something between an iPhone and a MacBook. I just hope it's not going to be the same interface as the iPhone...[/citation]
I think the biggest concern is the price. I dont think that Apple will put the iPhone interface into a netbook (if they even make one). If they can keep the price down it would be awesome. I don't think that Apple can/will do that however.

Tedders

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]DouglasThurman[/nom]Why buy an overpriced Apple Netbook? Buy an OS and a Dell Mini-9. *ducks Apple Fanboys* I know, I know...I'm just saying.[/citation]

Trust me, its crossed my mind! Their prices are getting a little ridiculous. Just a little ;)

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Wouldn't a 10" touchscreen signify a Tablet computer over a netbook? Tablet PCs aren't notoriously cheap (so Steve Jobs won't feel bad about having to sell crap at fair market value, which Apple apparently doens't know how to do according to him).

norbs

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]DouglasThurman[/nom]Why buy an overpriced Apple Netbook? Buy an OS and a Dell Mini-9. *ducks Apple Fanboys* I know, I know...I'm just saying.[/citation]

Yep this is an option, I made one of these from a dell d620 for under $500 and its runs great. Although being able to have a complete fully supported (by apple) system would be better since you don't have to worry about keeping back ups in case an update blows up your computer.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
The way I figure, netbooks have sort of wrecked the chances of anything smaller than 12 inches being considered anything but a netbook. Even if the machine is running on something more powerful than an Atom, people will still see a price tag higher than that of your average netbook on what looks like an average netbook and freak right out. Look at Sony's Lifestyle PC. The company insists it's not a netbook and people keep calling it one anyway.

G

omg a new mac omg omg omg omg im so excited omg omg mac is best omg omg omg omg omg omg

norbs

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]JobsLoverBoyee[/nom]omg a new mac omg omg omg omg im so excited omg omg mac is best omg omg omg omg omg omg[/citation]
hmm did windows crash on you?

Status
Not open for further replies.