MN-510 does not recognize encryption key

I'm trying to connect my MN-510 adapter to a wireless
base station and during set up the adapter doesn't seem
to recognize the WEP (encryption key). My new PC, which
I'm trying to connect to the network, is an MPC with
Windows XP. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.
4 answers Last reply
More about recognize encryption

    Encountering same problem. Insists on a WEP key and won't
    accept any I try to make. Doing this with old and new
    computers using the MN-500 base station with the new HP
    attached via Ethernet cable on Port 1 and MN-510 USB for
    the old Compaq. Both OS's are XP Home.

    I've tried setting up MN-500 with and without WEP,
    neither gets a connection but sees the wireless access
    point.

    Only thing I'm unsure of is the way the installation
    requires the update to be installed. Did that after
    getting through with the initial setup, on both machines.

    Gave up on it for now and put a cable between them and
    was sharing files immediately, otherwise I'd have thought
    there was a problem with the networking side.

    Oh, and the new computer does hook up fine and get to the
    Internet and all, just not getting this MN-510 USB thing
    to work right. Have reset the base station and firmware
    updates seem to have been done okay.

    Sure hope there is an answer out there, I just haven't
    found it yet.

    Remove MSBN. The built-in wireless configurator in XP
    works great with this product. I had the same problem
    with my USB MN-510....Uninstalled MSBN.....used the
    configurator in control panel....and was working within 2
    min....hope this helps!!

    >Remove MSBN. The built-in wireless configurator in XP
    >works great with this product. I had the same problem
    >with my USB MN-510....Uninstalled MSBN.....used the
    >configurator in control panel....and was working within
    2
    >min....hope this helps!!

    You can be sure I'll give that a try alright. Hadn't
    thought to do that. If it worked for you I don't see why
    it shouldn't for anyone else.

    Well, been through everything possible now over the phone
    after calling the 800 number for help. The MN-500 simply
    doesn't get any connection at all, only shows there's a
    wireless network available.
    We looked at the Wireless Zero Configurator in Services,
    which I didn't know existed before. Stopped and Started
    it again. Checked ipconfig for any addressing and all it
    ever says is Media State......: Media disconnected.
    I gave up, it goes back to the store.

    What I'll try next is putting a Dell TrueMobile 1180 USB
    wireless adapter I also have on there to see if it'll
    connect with the MS MN-500 Base Station, which seems okay
    itself, just not 100% positive.

    If that works right then it might confirm the MN-510 USB
    adapter is defective in some way, whether a software
    driver issue or not.

    Wish the rest of you out there better luck.

Routers Encryption Connection Networking