Blue Screen at Login?

Zablyplux

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2003
I just recently reinstalled Win2K, and now I occassionally get a blue screen stop error:
Stop D1 (0x01280307 0x00002 0x0001 0xEB6C14BE)
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Address EB6C14BE base at EB6C0600
DATE STAMP 3CC7ab4a uhcd.sys
Beginning dump of Physical Memory

I'm running a Pentium 4 2.53GHz, Win2K SP 3, 512Mb RAM, Creative Audigy Plat. Internal, Gainward Video Ti4200 GeForce 4, on an ASUS P4B533-E, but I think the Creative Playcenter 2 or the USB driver is causing the problems. I've also had problems with my HP OfficeJet d145 printer drivers, but I think I fixed them. Maybe not? Can anyone give me a heads up, it's kind of annoying having Windows crash when I log in. The Microsoft Knowledge Base didn't really have any answers.

Teq

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2003
UHCD.sys is part of your USB host controller. It could be the UHCD file itself or it could be a connected USB device causing the problem.

Try disconnecting all USB devices and restarting your system a few times and see if the problem clears up... if it does it may be a device driver that's not initializing correctly during startup.

According to the registry UHCD is a demand start i/o service. If you have an always-connected device, you can try switching it to Auto and see what happens...

In the registry services can be of 4 different types:

0 == start on boot.
1 == Start with system.
2 == Start automatically after system starts
3 == start on demand from software
4 == disabled

To set UHCD to Auto you need to go into the registry and locate this key...

hkey_local_machine/system/currentcontrolset/services/uhcd

You will find a value named "Start", change it to a 2 instead of a 3 and see if it works more reliably. If not put it back to 3, and look to device drivers for your answers.

--->It ain't better if it don't work<---