Hello everyone. I am in the market for a new laptop as i am leaving to Europe for college.
1. What is your budget? 1000-1500 dollars. I can expand my budget a little bit if necessary.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 14"-15.6" not too heavy, not too big. I plan to be moving it from college to my house.
3. What screen resolution do you want? Full HD
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Preferably the most portable it can get. I know great preformancers are a little on the heavy weight side, so just not too heavy I think.
5. How much battery life do you need? Good battery life. I would say at least 4-5 hours, if possible longer.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Battlefield 3, The Witcher 2, Skyrim, Crysis 2, Fallout 3/NV on medium/high settings.
I know im on a budget but Id like for this system to be able to run many games on high or high medium setting for at least the next 2 years. I can expand my budget a little if necessary.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) I will be doing some video editing for youtube and some surfing
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? Enough to maintain a collection of games, mods and some movies.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. None
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 2-3 years.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Everything except maybe bluray as it is just a nice bonus but it would be nice.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Alienware is a bit overpriced and the designs are a bit goofy. I want the laptop to look professional, i was looking at the HP Envy and i like the Macbook-esque design so im looking for something similar.
13. What country do you live in? I live in Costa Rica but i can bring the Laptop home easily, so shipping is not a problem as long as it's in the US.
Last replyBest Answer
More about1000 1500 college gaming laptop
Hello and welcome to the forums First of all,don't expect to find a gaming laptop that can last for 4-5hrs on batter(expect for M17x which is out of your price range) ASUS G53SW,Sager NP8130/8150 are 2 of the best laptops you can buy
I like the Asus even though the design is a bit rocky. I looked at the dv6 a while ago when i was looking at the HP Envy which would you recommend?
HP Envy is much better than DV6(still slower than G53SW though)
Alienware M17X R3
You lovd playing games, you need a laptop to play all the games require "high-end" hardware and you want it not too heavy. I'm not sure if it's possible. You may try Asus ROG G53 Series or Alienware M14X