2000+ on pricewatch for 59 shipped

chuck232

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2002
Wonder why the next closest price is $85..??

<i>Past mistakes may make you look stupid, but avoiding future ones will make you look smart!</i>

eden

Champion
I took a glance at it today, and noticed that. I doubt it is true, but even at 87$, this thing woops the 2GHZ value by far at stock. Again proving that AMD dominates price/performance in mid-range to low-end CPUs.

--
When buying an AthlonXP, please make sure the bus is at 133MHZ, or you will get a lower speed!

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Its a coupon code special offer, it is real and its EXACTLY 25$ cheaper than the next listing!(sounds like a special to me) hit it while its hot imo, and if they wont take it so be it, cancel the order!

:wink: The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark :wink:

eden

Champion
Wow you finally switched sigs?!
Heh, still the same good advice.
BTW the sig now is 200 chars max, so you can add any comments you feel is important to describe this.

--
When buying an AthlonXP, please make sure the bus is at 133MHZ, or you will get a lower speed!

chuck232

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2002
What's this? Are we starting to use tips as our sigs?...

<i>Past mistakes may make you look stupid, but avoiding future ones will make you look smart!</i>

eden

Champion
Mat always had a tip sig, though he had removed it for a while and now it's back in a different form but the same. I hope it spreads around, because it is logical. Why buy Retail CPUs and think that the cooler is not enough?

--

G

Mat never said "amazing". you don't know it sufficiently. at least choice the right words. :smile:

i've plugged my home blower to my case ... dunno what happen ... that works?!?

G

idem. that sounds wrong.

G

<pre><i>do you take i as an ass? after 2 years, you don't know still me enough?</i> :smile:

- Lucifer or Lab; Who I am? -</pre><p>?! :smile: !?

Dark_Archonis

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2002
It seems that the price has gone up. Go & check pricewatch right now.

I'm also suspicious that at $59, that was a retail box version. At that kind of price, AMD would be making an <b>extremely</b> small profit (if any, at all).

- - -
<font color=green>All good things must come to an end … so they can be replaced by better things! :wink: </font color=green>
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Dark_Archonis on 09/02/02 03:42 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

eden

Champion
Yes indeed, but at 89$ that is still the best price/performance CPU I have ever seen. About 140$ CDN, this is a big time bargain, since most around here are 180$, and the XP2100 at 210$ Retail.

--

G

too much posts for you. keep you back to your rank.

</font color=red>
<b>[Laughing]</b>

eden

Champion
Lab, I don't mean to break your game here but soon we WILL have moderators, so I'd advise you to start working on the non-sense you post sometimes, because it is annoying. It's sad you sometimes are fun to read and serious, and then suddenly you spam around with gibberish.

--

texas_techie

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2001
Hey Matisaro - long time no see.

Im personally gonna wait on the t-bred "B" series to get cheaper. Looks like a good over-clocker. And since I got water-cooling it should be lots of fun.
But yeah, looks like a special to me. Probably making some room for the new 2400+ or something.

Benchmarks are like sex, everybody loves doing it, everybody thinks they are good at it.

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
I'm also suspicious that at $59, that was a retail box version. At that kind of price, AMD would be making an extremely small profit (if any, at all).
It was oem, and it was a misprint.

:wink: Heatsinks, if you dont overclock, use the <b>STOCK!</b> :wink:

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Im personally gonna wait on the t-bred "B" series to get cheaper. Looks like a good over-clocker. And since I got water-cooling it should be lots of fun.
But yeah, looks like a special to me. Probably making some room for the new 2400+ or something.

I am prolly gonna go to a northwood or a hammer next, maybe get a cheap tbred b to extend my system without memory and mobo upgrades.

G

don't take me that way. i fight moderators from 2 years in that forum. not because they are that way but because they take & keep me as a newbie then i have round 5 or 6K posts. i can sometimes recognize them from their first post. stop trying to ballad i as a newbie, i don't support it anymore. FUD is not a good solution as well. the uniquely way is intelligence. are you mods capable of? as i said it before i can be helpfull, funny & smart or extremely lucifering. the ball is under your field.

i'd like to add that mods can be very fine & helpfull on that forum, alot more than a majority of another forums i have tried at this time. not just an only one other forum can compete with THGCF when THGCF moderators & people here make the effort to help others whatever their issue & even their type of issue (which can be different than an IT or informatics issue). Here is the strenght of that forum. no other can rival.

well i don't want want making some advertisement but i have tried SharkyExtreme, Van schtrooumph, french THGCF, HardOCP, AnandTech & others... The unique good one is AnandTech which is composed by Techies who are really interested & even amazing by IT & informatics like 'Enthusiast' titles here & bring from each post something to the forum.

Thus i can't understand that accustomed THGCF members are left the ship. that's unbelievable. What's your strenght of character? did you let it upon your porter-cloak at home?

</font color=red>
Well You don't believe that? Ok! Try it by Yourself!

G

don't take me that way. i fight moderators from 2 years in that forum. not because they are that way but because they take & keep me as a newbie then i have round 5 or 6K posts. i can sometimes recognize them from their first post. stop trying to ballad i as a newbie, i don't support it anymore. FUD is not a good solution as well. the uniquely way is intelligence. are you mods capable of? as i said it before i can be helpfull, funny & smart or extremely lucifering. the ball is under your field.

i'd like to add that mods can be very fine & helpfull on that forum, alot more than a majority of another forums i have tried at this time. not just an only one other forum can compete with THGCF when THGCF moderators & people here make the effort to help others whatever their issue & even their type of issue (which can be different than an IT or informatics issue). Here is the strenght of that forum. no other can rival.

well i don't want want making some advertisement but i have tried SharkyExtreme, Van schtrooumph, french THGCF, HardOCP, AnandTech & others... The unique good one is AnandTech which is composed by Techies who are really interested & even amazing by IT & informatics like 'Enthusiast' titles here & bring from each post something to the forum.

Thus i can't understand that accustomed THGCF members are left the ship. that's unbelievable. What's your strenght of character? did you let it upon your porter-cloak at home?

</font color=red>
<b>Well You don't believe that? Ok! Try it by Yourself!</b>

G

</font color=red>
<b>Well You don't believe that? Ok! Try it by Yourself!</b>

- <font color=red>LabDog</font color=red> -

killian2

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2002
Yes it was OEM and a misprint. I figured it was but ordered one to see if they would honor the misprinted price and they did. Wish I would have ordered 2. Oh well don't need another computer really but its always fun to build one.

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Yes it was OEM and a misprint. I figured it was but ordered one to see if they would honor the misprinted price and they did. Wish I would have ordered 2. Oh well don't need another computer really but its always fun to build one.

I wish I had an extra 50 bucks the other night, (paid rent), I knew theyd honor it!

TRENDING THREADS