Samsung CD Burner in my 8400

I have been using Verbatim 16X CD-R Data Life Plus for making audio
disks and been happy with the results.

I upgraded to a DELL 8400 which has a Samsung CD-R/RW 48X CD burner
model SW-252S. I have tried burning several disks with poor results.
The audio is very sporadic on the burnt CD, cutting in and out, it is
unuseable. I have tried burning at a lower speed using Roxio 7 with
no improvement.

Should I be using a different blank CD?

Thanks ... Ron
2 answers Last reply
More about samsung burner 8400

    try some 48x cds

    "RonJ" <ronj@renc.igs.net> wrote in message

    > I have been using Verbatim 16X CD-R Data Life Plus for making audio
    > disks and been happy with the results.
    >
    > I upgraded to a DELL 8400 which has a Samsung CD-R/RW 48X CD burner
    > model SW-252S. I have tried burning several disks with poor results.
    > The audio is very sporadic on the burnt CD, cutting in and out, it is
    > unuseable. I have tried burning at a lower speed using Roxio 7 with
    > no improvement.
    >
    > Should I be using a different blank CD?
    >
    > Thanks ... Ron

    Be happy you didn't get the Phillips cd-rw dvd double layer 16x it
    will not burn 1/2 the time, locks up and is definitly a BIG problem.

    In my last computer I changed the cdwriter finally to a Yamaha, hardly
    ever got a coaster no matter what cds I used. I had a Sony DVD writer
    4x in it as well. Both were good writers.

    For whatever reason Dell seems to pick problem writers. I don't think
    they read their own boards as the complaints on it are many on the
    writer and the fans.

    >I have been using Verbatim 16X CD-R Data Life Plus for making audio
    >disks and been happy with the results.
    >
    >I upgraded to a DELL 8400 which has a Samsung CD-R/RW 48X CD burner
    >model SW-252S. I have tried burning several disks with poor results.
    >The audio is very sporadic on the burnt CD, cutting in and out, it is
    >unuseable. I have tried burning at a lower speed using Roxio 7 with
    >no improvement.
    >
    >Should I be using a different blank CD?
    >
    >Thanks ... Ron

Dell Samsung Burner CD-Rom Computers