How do I set static ip's on my internal network?

That is I do not want to use DHCP, I want to assign ip's
and put a static ip on each machine.

TIA.
3 answers Last reply
More about static internal network

    On each machine, go into the Properties of your LAN, then the Properties for
    TCP/IP and change the dot in the radial to Use the following IP address.
    You'll also need to insert the Preferred and Alternate DNS numbers. Your
    Default gateway will be the IP address of the router.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    "Bob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > That is I do not want to use DHCP, I want to assign ip's
    > and put a static ip on each machine.
    >
    > TIA.

    Thanks for the quick reply.

    After I set the ip on my laptop (that uses a wireless
    adapter), do I turn off the DHC server service? If so how
    does the base station know which specific ip addresses to
    allow on the network? Do I have to use MAC filtering to
    allow only those pc's that have the static ip addresses?

    Okay, you have the router programmed, then you know the LAN IP range. Just
    put the other computers within that range. And remember that you're using
    the base station IP as the Gateway.

    Example: Base station IP is 192.168.2.1.
    You could give computer #1 an IP of 192.168.2.101, #2 an IP of
    192.168.2.121, etc. Each of those machines has a Gateway of 192.168.2.1.
    --

    > Thanks for the quick reply.
    >
    > After I set the ip on my laptop (that uses a wireless
    > adapter), do I turn off the DHC server service? If so how
    > does the base station know which specific ip addresses to
    > allow on the network? Do I have to use MAC filtering to
    > allow only those pc's that have the static ip addresses?

Routers Static IP Hardware Microsoft Networking