texas_techie

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2001
Ok, im gonna be lame and throw out an "I told ya so thread". Here is the link to my original info back in July.

<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=faq&notfound=1&code=1" target="_new">http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=faq&notfound=1&code=1</A>

Id like everyone to read the thread and notice some of the criticism I got for saying AMD was going 166 fsb.

Xbitlabs.com is now reporting this info (and Im sure other sites as well).

<end self-congratulatory rant>

Benchmarks are like sex, everybody loves doing it, everybody thinks they are good at it.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Congrats *claps*
now....
u would happen to be able to predict the next lotto draw numbers would ya? :lol:

<b>My CPU cooler is so Massive it bends Space and Time! :eek: </b>

eden

Champion
No but he got info sources from a Science bench putting the Hammer at up to 300% better, dunno if it's to be trusted but I know you're into these!

Of course the true question here, is what about Clawhammer. We say 'hammer benches', but we don't know whether that is Sledge or Claw, and it can make a huge difference between each, if we knew the tested processor.

--
When buying an AthlonXP, please make sure the bus is at 133MHZ, or you will get a lower speed!

grassapa

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2002
lol, he has been waiting this moment all his life

--------------------------------------------------
My computer is so fast it proves the theory of relativity wrong... :eek:

texas_techie

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2001
Sledge hammer info is almost non-existant. You guys know as much as I do about Sledge. Im gonna ASSUME the bench was for claw because what little I do know is that sledge is having some "issues". As such, i doubt the bench was for Sledge. There is a problem using on-die memory controllers with dual CPUs (and 4-8 way servers). But they already know the prob and are working around it.

Benchmarks are like sex, everybody loves doing it, everybody thinks they are good at it.

Kzzrn

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2002
I must say, this sounds sort of like a certain conversation I had with Matisoro...

Knowledge is the key to understanding