dell dimension 4100 bios ...

My 4100's bios does not honor my setiings. I change the boot order (cdrom,
floppy , hard drive) and does not try and boot from cd-rom. I have
reflashed the bios (a11) then change the order but still does try cd-rom.
Took battery out and tested it (3.5 volts) ... any suggestions ???
Thanks so much for any help,
Rod Brown
--
Rod Brown
2 answers Last reply

    Hi,

    Did you replace the battery or just test it?

    --
    JLA ENTERPRISES TECHNOLOGIES INTEGRATION
    Technical Support Team

    Visit our forums for FREE technical support at
    http://jlaenterprises.ath.cx/phpbb2/index.php

    Check out some of the items we are offering
    Dell Laptop Docking Stations starting at $5.00
    Dell 20" Sony Trinitron Flat Screen Monitors starting at $35.00
    Dell 21" Flat Screen Monitors starting at $40.00
    Dell Latitude and Inspiron CD Rom and Floppy Drives starting at $5.00

    Be sure to visit http://www.jlaenterprises.com

    "Rod Brown" <ts59542@bjc.org> wrote in message
    > My 4100's bios does not honor my setiings. I change the boot order (cdrom,
    > floppy , hard drive) and does not try and boot from cd-rom. I have
    > reflashed the bios (a11) then change the order but still does try cd-rom.
    > Took battery out and tested it (3.5 volts) ... any suggestions ???
    > Thanks so much for any help,
    > Rod Brown
    > --
    > Rod Brown

    Now replace the battery. The system is old enough that the battery is too old
    to hold CMOS contents reliably, especially if the batter has never been changed
    before... Ben Myers

    On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 14:04:49 -0600, Rod Brown <ts59542@bjc.org> wrote:

    >My 4100's bios does not honor my setiings. I change the boot order (cdrom,
    >floppy , hard drive) and does not try and boot from cd-rom. I have
    >reflashed the bios (a11) then change the order but still does try cd-rom.
    >Took battery out and tested it (3.5 volts) ... any suggestions ???
    >Thanks so much for any help,
    >Rod Brown
    >--
    >Rod Brown