1. What is your budget?
-I'm looking at spending no more then $500-$600 (I'm trying to buy a Razer Naga too so...)
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
-I would prefer to get a 17.3" because I would like to have a bigger screen for when I play WoW and watch movies.
3. What screen resolution do you want?
-TBH I have no idea. I don't know enough about resolutions and what not to know what looks good on a 17.3" or not.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
-I would say more of a portable, but at 17.3"...yeah...
5. How much battery life do you need?
-Battery life for me isn't that big of a deal. In the past I have always had my laptop plugged in while playing games and I don't spend more then 2hrs on a computer web surfing at a time.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
-As I've already stated, I want to be able to play WoW on it. Preferably on High/Ultra settings but if I have to settle for Med with my budget that's fine. I will also end up putting Minecraft or like Dragon Age on it too (DA on Med most likely not sure of the graphics intensity of the game). I also might try LoL.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
-Probably not a lot of photo editing or anything of the likes. Just web browsing and playing WoW.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
-I would like at least 250gb. I can get an external HD for all my music and movies that I'll be getting so I can transport them from my laptop to my desktop with relative ease, but I would like to have "room" on the laptop itself for generic reasons.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
- www.newegg.com that's all I have for now.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
-Most likely if it doesn't crap out on my I'll keep it for like 2 years. I had an old Gateway that I paid about $500 for that played WoW, MW2, and I think I even got BC2 on it (granted the graphics had to be nerfed down a ton), that I had for about 2 years. Then the screen called it quits on me and I just never got it fixed.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
-It would be amazing if it had a Bluray, but I don't think I'm going to get that with my price set so...Maybe a DVD ROM/Writer...
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
-Well I've heard that ASUS, Toshiba, and Gateway are great brands. Don't really have a reason to pick those solely but you have to start somewhere.
13. What country do you live in?
The United States of America HOOYAH!
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Well nothing else really NEEDS to be said . I just want to say thanks for any help I receive and I'm looking at buying this in the next month or so. I know I've set some parameters for the device but I'm obviously open to any suggestion that anyone can make BESIDES telling me to up my budget numbers. I set that budget because I just want a basic laptop that I can play something like WoW on decent settings on. I will be upgrading my desktop that I will use as my central command center for all things games and otherwise . Either upgrading or buying new, not sure.