How good are the volcan 7+'s HSF?

tastim

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2002
It doesn't really matter what brand.... it's a piece of metal with a fan on it.

Just look for one with a copper heatsink, with a good amount of surface area on it... and good fan on it.... 7000+rpm.... the rest is just frills... everyone just pushes the Volcano's because of word of mouth. Vantec makes a great cooler too.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
they dont suck. they are good. maybe the other guy is confusing it with the volcano7.

as for the best around, well it all depends on what review you read, and what level of noise you are prepared to put up with.
the top couple of heatsinks in my books are:
volcano 7+
SK-800
MCX-462
PAL 8045.

<b><font color=orange>My <font color=green>life <font color=red>has <font color=blue>been <font color=black>so <font color=purple>much <font color=yellow>more <font color=orange>colourful <font color=green>since <font color=blue>the <font color=red>advent <font color=black>of <font color=purple>Super <font color=red>VGA! :lol:

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
oh, and YES, you would be able to overclock with it.

<b><font color=orange>My <font color=green>life <font color=red>has <font color=blue>been <font color=black>so <font color=purple>much <font color=yellow>more <font color=orange>colourful <font color=green>since <font color=blue>the <font color=red>advent <font color=black>of <font color=purple>Super <font color=red>VGA! :lol:

eden

Champion
The Volcano 7+ has been tested and had very nice cooling. The idea of also controlling the fan speed is something overclockers like, for little money demanded. You can set to Low, Medium and High speeds, so you can OC at HIGH. HIGH of course means LOUD!

LOW means "I don't care what my temps are going for, but I sure as hell can hear my belly rumbling!"

--
Where did your THGC username come from and why did you choose it? <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/community/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=19957#19957" target="_new">Tell here!</A>