Novel Idea to AXP unlocking

SammyBoy

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2001
Tape. Seems difficult, but if you have a steady hand, you could use some tape. An exacto knife, tape, and conductive pen should be all that you need, and it's removeable. I haven't tried it yet myself, but I've talked to a guy who did just that. Just get a 2cm long piece of tape (masking, scotch, etc.) and use the knife to cut a thin slice lengthwise along the tape, just wide enough to cover the grooves. Carefully set it in place, connect the dots, and your in business.

*DISCLAIMER: I take no responsibility for killed CPUs. Do this at your own risk*

-SammyBoy

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
ive considered making somthing like that, but on a soft piece of rubber or somthing. then stick it in the right spot and keep it down with the presure of the heat sink. maybe even integrate it into a shim.

how do you shoot the devil in the back? what happens if you miss? -verbal

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Use silver metalic duct tape, its conductive and very sticky. Looks just like the metalic tape you put on a car to dress it up. Cut several thin strips and measure them out on the cpu before taking of the backing. At the circular contact points (on the cpu) make a small hole through the tape using either a toothpick or sewing needle. remove the tape backing put in in place. Now take some rear window defroster repair solution and with the toothpick carefully get a small drop on the tip and apply this to the hole you made in the tape. This will assure a solid semi permanent connection. Done this already and it works great.

It's not what they tell you, its what they don't tell you!