What would be the cost of a magic item that constantly rem..

As the subject says?

also what would be the best type of item to make it, ie ring, vest, amulet,
etc.

also what would the cost breakdown be?

TIA!
12 answers Last reply
More about what cost magic item constantly

    freakybaby wrote:
    > As the subject says?
    >

    > also what would be the best type of item to make it, ie ring, vest, amulet,
    > etc.
    >
    > also what would the cost breakdown be?
    >
    > TIA!

    As a point of reference: the Horizon Walker PrC from the 3.5 DMG allows
    the option that basically says: "Anything that makes you fatigued,
    doesn't. Anything that makes you exhausted, makes you fatigued." A char
    could hypothetically have this ability at sixth level.

    Whether this is useful as a point of reference or not is entirely up to
    you and how you go about finding the price.

    In Complete Warrior there's 'Armor of the Unending Hunt', a set of +2 mithril
    chain mail the give the wearer immunity to fatigue and exhaustion. Costs 21.5
    kgp. The text says it was created for rangers, but I think barbarians would
    benefit more.

    Bill, omnipotent
    --
    weis3w3 at earthlink dot net

    ***

    "I leap to the attack!" - any character Bill plays

    I just wanna be a lover, not a red-eyed screaming ghoul...
    Wizardry's my trade, and I was born to wade through gore...

    What does not kill me is dead when I'm through with it.

    ***

    Just a suggestion: Lesser Restoration (Pal 1; Clr/Drd 2) removes
    fatigue (or improves exhaustion to fatigue), in addition to curing
    temporary ability damage.

    Donald

    tsang@soda.csua.berkeley.edu (Donald Tsang) wrote in news:dbp5eq$1qee$1
    @agate.berkeley.edu:

    > Just a suggestion: Lesser Restoration (Pal 1; Clr/Drd 2) removes
    > fatigue (or improves exhaustion to fatigue), in addition to curing
    > temporary ability damage.

    I know it does, was hoping to make an item that just removed fatigue all
    the time.

    freakybaby <Here-I-Am@No-Where.com> wrote:
    >tsang@soda.csua.berkeley.edu (Donald Tsang) wrote:
    >> Just a suggestion: Lesser Restoration (Pal 1; Clr/Drd 2) removes
    >> fatigue (or improves exhaustion to fatigue), in addition to curing
    >> temporary ability damage.
    >
    >I know it does, was hoping to make an item that just removed fatigue all
    >the time.

    Yeah, it should cost the same as an item that casts Cure Light
    Wounds on you constantly (except that minimum CL on Lesser Restoration
    is 2... actually, it isn't -- a first level Pious Templar has a CL
    of 1). So, 2000 gp. :) :) :)

    Donald

    tsang@soda.csua.berkeley.edu (Donald Tsang) wrote in news:dbpaf1$1tp1$1
    @agate.berkeley.edu:

    > freakybaby <Here-I-Am@No-Where.com> wrote:
    >>tsang@soda.csua.berkeley.edu (Donald Tsang) wrote:
    >>> Just a suggestion: Lesser Restoration (Pal 1; Clr/Drd 2) removes
    >>> fatigue (or improves exhaustion to fatigue), in addition to curing
    >>> temporary ability damage.
    >>
    >>I know it does, was hoping to make an item that just removed fatigue all
    >>the time.
    >
    > Yeah, it should cost the same as an item that casts Cure Light
    > Wounds on you constantly (except that minimum CL on Lesser Restoration
    > is 2... actually, it isn't -- a first level Pious Templar has a CL
    > of 1). So, 2000 gp. :) :) :)

    LOL! That is way too cheap, I figure it would be in the range of 3k gp to
    8k gp for an item that removed fatigue constantly. though I was hoping for
    some unbias opinions and formulae.

    freakybaby <Here-I-Am@No-Where.com> wrote:
    >tsang@soda.csua.berkeley.edu (Donald Tsang) wrote:
    >>>I know it does, was hoping to make an item that just removed fatigue all
    >>>the time.
    >>
    >> Yeah, it should cost the same as an item that casts Cure Light
    >> Wounds on you constantly (except that minimum CL on Lesser Restoration
    >> is 2... actually, it isn't -- a first level Pious Templar has a CL
    >> of 1). So, 2000 gp. :) :) :)
    >
    >LOL! That is way too cheap, I figure it would be in the range of 3k gp to
    >8k gp for an item that removed fatigue constantly. though I was hoping for
    >some unbias opinions and formulae.

    How about a +1 equivalent for "wearer immune to fatigue; anything that
    would make wearer exhausted now makes him fatigued instead", and +2 for
    "wearer immune to fatigue and exhaustion"? That makes the former +3000
    gp when added to (otherwise) +1 armor, +5000 gp when added to +2, and
    +7000 when added to +3...

    As a DM, I tend to distrust the straight "+N gold" modifiers as
    "too easy to abuse" / "too cheap to add to good armor"...

    >>LOL! That is way too cheap, I figure it would be in the range of 3k
    >>gp to 8k gp for an item that removed fatigue constantly. though I was
    >>hoping for some unbias opinions and formulae.
    >
    > How about a +1 equivalent for "wearer immune to fatigue; anything that
    > would make wearer exhausted now makes him fatigued instead", and +2
    > for "wearer immune to fatigue and exhaustion"? That makes the former
    > +3000 gp when added to (otherwise) +1 armor, +5000 gp when added to
    > +2, and +7000 when added to +3...

    that could work every well.

    > As a DM, I tend to distrust the straight "+N gold" modifiers as
    > "too easy to abuse" / "too cheap to add to good armor"...

    could always make it a shirt or belt

    freakybaby <Here-I-Am@No-Where.com> wrote:
    >tsang@soda.csua.berkeley.edu (Donald Tsang) wrote:
    >> As a DM, I tend to distrust the straight "+N gold" modifiers as
    >> "too easy to abuse" / "too cheap to add to good armor"...
    >
    >could always make it a shirt or belt

    I'd consider this an armor enhancement, much like Fortification.

    Would you allow Fortification on a shirt or belt?

    Donald

    tsang@soda.csua.berkeley.edu (Donald Tsang) wrote in news:dbpki9$249d$1
    @agate.berkeley.edu:

    > freakybaby <Here-I-Am@No-Where.com> wrote:
    >>tsang@soda.csua.berkeley.edu (Donald Tsang) wrote:
    >>> As a DM, I tend to distrust the straight "+N gold" modifiers as
    >>> "too easy to abuse" / "too cheap to add to good armor"...
    >>
    >>could always make it a shirt or belt
    >
    > I'd consider this an armor enhancement, much like Fortification.

    I do not see how an item/property of an item, that makes you immune to
    fatigue is much like fortification.

    > Would you allow Fortification on a shirt or belt?

    Shirts and belts are linked to physical improvement, as for the
    fortification armour enhancement an amulet, brooch, medallion, necklace,
    periapt or scarab, or even possibly a ring would be more appropriate.

    Though I would be more than willing to consider a silk shirt appropriate
    for the fortification armour enhancement, if you consider the following:

    silk as a tensile strength of 1154 MPa,
    structural steel as a tensile strength of 250 MPa,
    high strength steel alloy as a tensile strength of 690 MPa
    titanium alloy as a tensile strength of 830 MPa
    Silicon carbide (SiC) as a tensile strength of 3440 MPa
    kevlar as a tensile strength of 3620 MPa

    Patrick Rannou wrote:
    > "Bill the Omnipotent" <weis3w3@earthlink.net> a écrit dans le message de
    > news: jc40e11pld6o7u674op3hb9lc2b8pgsoau@4ax.com...
    > >
    > > In Complete Warrior there's 'Armor of the Unending Hunt', a set of +2
    > > mithril
    > > chain mail the give the wearer immunity to fatigue and exhaustion. Costs
    > > 21.5
    > > kgp. The text says it was created for rangers, but I think barbarians
    > > would
    > > benefit more.
    >
    > Armor of the Unending Hunt = 21.5 kgp
    >
    > Mythril Chain Mail +2:
    > +2 Armor = 4 kgp
    > Mythril Medium Armor = +4 kgp
    > Masterwork Chain Mail Component = 450 gp

    IIRC Masterwork is included in the cost of Mithral.

    > Mythril Chain Mail +2 = 8.450 kgp
    >
    > Ergo: Cost of Immumnity to Fatigue (and to Exhaustion) = 21.5 - 8.5 = 13
    > kgp.

    13,300 GP if I am right about masterwork. Possibly modified based
    on slot (is a ring more or less apropriate than armor, did the
    armor cost extra because it is a separate secondary power or get
    a discount for being a specific item?

    > Thus, your "Ring (or whatever) of Absolute Endurance" would cost 13 kgp.

    Give or take a few thousand based on slot usage arguments.

    DougL

    "Bill the Omnipotent" <weis3w3@earthlink.net> a écrit dans le message de
    news: jc40e11pld6o7u674op3hb9lc2b8pgsoau@4ax.com...

    > In Complete Warrior there's 'Armor of the Unending Hunt', a set of +2
    > mithril
    > chain mail the give the wearer immunity to fatigue and exhaustion. Costs
    > 21.5
    > kgp. The text says it was created for rangers, but I think barbarians
    > would
    > benefit more.

    Armor of the Unending Hunt = 21.5 kgp

    Mythril Chain Mail +2:
    +2 Armor = 4 kgp
    Mythril Medium Armor = +4 kgp
    Masterwork Chain Mail Component = 450 gp
    Mythril Chain Mail +2 = 8.450 kgp

    Ergo: Cost of Immumnity to Fatigue (and to Exhaustion) = 21.5 - 8.5 = 13
    kgp.

    Thus, your "Ring (or whatever) of Absolute Endurance" would cost 13 kgp.

Internet Explorer Games Video Games