Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

What would be the cost of a magic item that constantly rem..

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
July 21, 2005 2:37:11 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

As the subject says?


also what would be the best type of item to make it, ie ring, vest, amulet,
etc.

also what would the cost breakdown be?

TIA!
Anonymous
July 21, 2005 11:20:44 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

freakybaby wrote:
> As the subject says?
>
>
> also what would be the best type of item to make it, ie ring, vest, amulet,
> etc.
>
> also what would the cost breakdown be?
>
> TIA!

As a point of reference: the Horizon Walker PrC from the 3.5 DMG allows
the option that basically says: "Anything that makes you fatigued,
doesn't. Anything that makes you exhausted, makes you fatigued." A char
could hypothetically have this ability at sixth level.

Whether this is useful as a point of reference or not is entirely up to
you and how you go about finding the price.
Anonymous
July 22, 2005 1:48:19 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

In Complete Warrior there's 'Armor of the Unending Hunt', a set of +2 mithril
chain mail the give the wearer immunity to fatigue and exhaustion. Costs 21.5
kgp. The text says it was created for rangers, but I think barbarians would
benefit more.



Bill, omnipotent
--
weis3w3 at earthlink dot net

***

"I leap to the attack!" - any character Bill plays

I just wanna be a lover, not a red-eyed screaming ghoul...
Wizardry's my trade, and I was born to wade through gore...

What does not kill me is dead when I'm through with it.

***
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
July 22, 2005 1:52:26 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

Just a suggestion: Lesser Restoration (Pal 1; Clr/Drd 2) removes
fatigue (or improves exhaustion to fatigue), in addition to curing
temporary ability damage.

Donald
Anonymous
July 22, 2005 1:52:27 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

tsang@soda.csua.berkeley.edu (Donald Tsang) wrote in news:D bp5eq$1qee$1
@agate.berkeley.edu:

> Just a suggestion: Lesser Restoration (Pal 1; Clr/Drd 2) removes
> fatigue (or improves exhaustion to fatigue), in addition to curing
> temporary ability damage.


I know it does, was hoping to make an item that just removed fatigue all
the time.
Anonymous
July 22, 2005 3:17:53 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

freakybaby <Here-I-Am@No-Where.com> wrote:
>tsang@soda.csua.berkeley.edu (Donald Tsang) wrote:
>> Just a suggestion: Lesser Restoration (Pal 1; Clr/Drd 2) removes
>> fatigue (or improves exhaustion to fatigue), in addition to curing
>> temporary ability damage.
>
>I know it does, was hoping to make an item that just removed fatigue all
>the time.

Yeah, it should cost the same as an item that casts Cure Light
Wounds on you constantly (except that minimum CL on Lesser Restoration
is 2... actually, it isn't -- a first level Pious Templar has a CL
of 1). So, 2000 gp. :)  :)  :) 

Donald
Anonymous
July 22, 2005 3:17:54 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

tsang@soda.csua.berkeley.edu (Donald Tsang) wrote in news:D bpaf1$1tp1$1
@agate.berkeley.edu:

> freakybaby <Here-I-Am@No-Where.com> wrote:
>>tsang@soda.csua.berkeley.edu (Donald Tsang) wrote:
>>> Just a suggestion: Lesser Restoration (Pal 1; Clr/Drd 2) removes
>>> fatigue (or improves exhaustion to fatigue), in addition to curing
>>> temporary ability damage.
>>
>>I know it does, was hoping to make an item that just removed fatigue all
>>the time.
>
> Yeah, it should cost the same as an item that casts Cure Light
> Wounds on you constantly (except that minimum CL on Lesser Restoration
> is 2... actually, it isn't -- a first level Pious Templar has a CL
> of 1). So, 2000 gp. :)  :)  :) 


LOL! That is way too cheap, I figure it would be in the range of 3k gp to
8k gp for an item that removed fatigue constantly. though I was hoping for
some unbias opinions and formulae.
Anonymous
July 22, 2005 5:49:36 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

freakybaby <Here-I-Am@No-Where.com> wrote:
>tsang@soda.csua.berkeley.edu (Donald Tsang) wrote:
>>>I know it does, was hoping to make an item that just removed fatigue all
>>>the time.
>>
>> Yeah, it should cost the same as an item that casts Cure Light
>> Wounds on you constantly (except that minimum CL on Lesser Restoration
>> is 2... actually, it isn't -- a first level Pious Templar has a CL
>> of 1). So, 2000 gp. :)  :)  :) 
>
>LOL! That is way too cheap, I figure it would be in the range of 3k gp to
>8k gp for an item that removed fatigue constantly. though I was hoping for
>some unbias opinions and formulae.

How about a +1 equivalent for "wearer immune to fatigue; anything that
would make wearer exhausted now makes him fatigued instead", and +2 for
"wearer immune to fatigue and exhaustion"? That makes the former +3000
gp when added to (otherwise) +1 armor, +5000 gp when added to +2, and
+7000 when added to +3...

As a DM, I tend to distrust the straight "+N gold" modifiers as
"too easy to abuse" / "too cheap to add to good armor"...

Donald
Anonymous
July 22, 2005 5:49:37 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

tsang@soda.csua.berkeley.edu (Donald Tsang) wrote in
news:D bpjbg$23h6$1@agate.berkeley.edu:


>>LOL! That is way too cheap, I figure it would be in the range of 3k
>>gp to 8k gp for an item that removed fatigue constantly. though I was
>>hoping for some unbias opinions and formulae.
>
> How about a +1 equivalent for "wearer immune to fatigue; anything that
> would make wearer exhausted now makes him fatigued instead", and +2
> for "wearer immune to fatigue and exhaustion"? That makes the former
> +3000 gp when added to (otherwise) +1 armor, +5000 gp when added to
> +2, and +7000 when added to +3...

that could work every well.


> As a DM, I tend to distrust the straight "+N gold" modifiers as
> "too easy to abuse" / "too cheap to add to good armor"...

could always make it a shirt or belt
Anonymous
July 22, 2005 6:10:17 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

freakybaby <Here-I-Am@No-Where.com> wrote:
>tsang@soda.csua.berkeley.edu (Donald Tsang) wrote:
>> As a DM, I tend to distrust the straight "+N gold" modifiers as
>> "too easy to abuse" / "too cheap to add to good armor"...
>
>could always make it a shirt or belt

I'd consider this an armor enhancement, much like Fortification.

Would you allow Fortification on a shirt or belt?

Donald
Anonymous
July 22, 2005 6:10:18 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

tsang@soda.csua.berkeley.edu (Donald Tsang) wrote in news:D bpki9$249d$1
@agate.berkeley.edu:

> freakybaby <Here-I-Am@No-Where.com> wrote:
>>tsang@soda.csua.berkeley.edu (Donald Tsang) wrote:
>>> As a DM, I tend to distrust the straight "+N gold" modifiers as
>>> "too easy to abuse" / "too cheap to add to good armor"...
>>
>>could always make it a shirt or belt
>
> I'd consider this an armor enhancement, much like Fortification.

I do not see how an item/property of an item, that makes you immune to
fatigue is much like fortification.

> Would you allow Fortification on a shirt or belt?


Shirts and belts are linked to physical improvement, as for the
fortification armour enhancement an amulet, brooch, medallion, necklace,
periapt or scarab, or even possibly a ring would be more appropriate.

Though I would be more than willing to consider a silk shirt appropriate
for the fortification armour enhancement, if you consider the following:

silk as a tensile strength of 1154 MPa,
structural steel as a tensile strength of 250 MPa,
high strength steel alloy as a tensile strength of 690 MPa
titanium alloy as a tensile strength of 830 MPa
Silicon carbide (SiC) as a tensile strength of 3440 MPa
kevlar as a tensile strength of 3620 MPa
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 5:01:23 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

Patrick Rannou wrote:
> "Bill the Omnipotent" <weis3w3@earthlink.net> a écrit dans le message de
> news: jc40e11pld6o7u674op3hb9lc2b8pgsoau@4ax.com...
> >
> > In Complete Warrior there's 'Armor of the Unending Hunt', a set of +2
> > mithril
> > chain mail the give the wearer immunity to fatigue and exhaustion. Costs
> > 21.5
> > kgp. The text says it was created for rangers, but I think barbarians
> > would
> > benefit more.
>
> Armor of the Unending Hunt = 21.5 kgp
>
> Mythril Chain Mail +2:
> +2 Armor = 4 kgp
> Mythril Medium Armor = +4 kgp
> Masterwork Chain Mail Component = 450 gp

IIRC Masterwork is included in the cost of Mithral.

> Mythril Chain Mail +2 = 8.450 kgp
>
> Ergo: Cost of Immumnity to Fatigue (and to Exhaustion) = 21.5 - 8.5 = 13
> kgp.

13,300 GP if I am right about masterwork. Possibly modified based
on slot (is a ring more or less apropriate than armor, did the
armor cost extra because it is a separate secondary power or get
a discount for being a specific item?

> Thus, your "Ring (or whatever) of Absolute Endurance" would cost 13 kgp.

Give or take a few thousand based on slot usage arguments.

DougL
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 6:16:17 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

"Bill the Omnipotent" <weis3w3@earthlink.net> a écrit dans le message de
news: jc40e11pld6o7u674op3hb9lc2b8pgsoau@4ax.com...
>
> In Complete Warrior there's 'Armor of the Unending Hunt', a set of +2
> mithril
> chain mail the give the wearer immunity to fatigue and exhaustion. Costs
> 21.5
> kgp. The text says it was created for rangers, but I think barbarians
> would
> benefit more.

Armor of the Unending Hunt = 21.5 kgp

Mythril Chain Mail +2:
+2 Armor = 4 kgp
Mythril Medium Armor = +4 kgp
Masterwork Chain Mail Component = 450 gp
Mythril Chain Mail +2 = 8.450 kgp

Ergo: Cost of Immumnity to Fatigue (and to Exhaustion) = 21.5 - 8.5 = 13
kgp.

Thus, your "Ring (or whatever) of Absolute Endurance" would cost 13 kgp.
!