Gaming (Not really) laptop for under 600$

Tags:
  • Laptops
  • Gaming
  • Games
  • Product
Last response: in Laptop Tech Support
October 20, 2011 1:25:42 AM

Hey there guys, I'd like a laptop that I can game with under 600$. It actually doesn't have to be a "gaming" laptop. My current laptop which specs are;

Intel Centrino dual core 2.13 GHz
4 GB ram
500 HHD
ATI Radeon HD 4650 M

With these specs I can play World of Warcraft on custom settings at 60 FPS ( I think thats Max). My customs settings would resemble something along the lines of lower-high, lower-mid, or mid res.

That's pretty much the only game I play and I'd like to play better or at the same level as I play now. The onlyother games I play are like GTA Sanandreas, Portal 2, Sid Civilization, and their not too demanding.

I'm not a hardcore gamer, how ever I photshop here and there. Little to no video editing.

I have no preference onscreen size of the latop, how ever I'd like it to be HD as this laptop is HD.

This laptop has blu-ray capabilites, that is not neccesity but it's nice to have.

There you have it guys I'd like something in the range of 600 and below. Perferbaly 400-500$. As you can see I just need something to get by, nothing high end.

If nothing can be fund at 400-500 please nothing above 600$. Thank you very much appreciate it.

EDIT: My CPU model number is Intel Core Duo P740.

EDIT*: I heard overclocking for laptops is not a good idea :o ?

More about : gaming laptop 600

a c 571 D Laptop
a b 4 Gaming
October 20, 2011 2:56:52 AM

ATI Mobilty Radeon HD 4650 review
That's not a bad graphics card. If you check the column list of graphics cards just to the right of the review you'll see the cards that perform below, near, and above your HD 4650.

I'm pretty sure we won't find anything to match that in the $400 range

m
l
a c 571 D Laptop
a b 4 Gaming
October 20, 2011 3:05:44 AM

@ $550 Acer Aspire AS5560-Sb613 15" Notebook
AMD A-Series A8-3500M(1.5GHz) 15.6" 4GB RAM 500GB HDD 5400rpm 15.6" 1366x768 LCD w/ AMD Radeon HD 6620G integrated graphics.
If you check the list again in the link above you'll find the Radeon HD 6620G just above the HD 4650.

It's a quad core APU and I'd need to model number of your CPU to compare those parts.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
October 20, 2011 3:22:36 AM

You might be able to simply upgrade your CPU to a higher clocked dual core, because it sounds like you are fond of your laptop, and it is currently serving your needs.
m
l
October 20, 2011 3:33:48 AM

Roxas2030 said:
Hey there guys, I'd like a laptop that I can game with under 600$. It actually doesn't have to be a "gaming" laptop. My current laptop which specs are;

Intel Centrino dual core 2.13 GHz
4 GB ram
500 HHD
ATI Radeon HD 4650 M

With these specs I can play World of Warcraft on custom settings at 60 FPS ( I think thats Max). My customs settings would resemble something along the lines of lower-high, lower-mid, or mid res.

That's pretty much the only game I play and I'd like to play better or at the same level as I play now. The onlyother games I play are like GTA Sanandreas, Portal 2, Sid Civilization, and their not too demanding.

I'm not a hardcore gamer, how ever I photshop here and there. Little to no video editing.

I have no preference onscreen size of the latop, how ever I'd like it to be HD as this laptop is HD.

This laptop has blu-ray capabilites, that is not neccesity but it's nice to have.

There you have it guys I'd like something in the range of 600 and below. Perferbaly 400-500$. As you can see I just need something to get by, nothing high end.

If nothing can be fund at 400-500 please nothing above 600$. Thank you very much appreciate it.

EDIT: This laptop is very dysfunctional its freezes, blanks out, lags. However when its not doingall that I am very fond of it.
m
l