Problem with my acer aspire 5336 battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

senam

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011
there is a red cross signal on the battery and a note that says there is a problem with my battery and i should consider replacing it otherwise the computer will shut down suddenly.pls,what do i do?

electrontau

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010
Do you use AC adapter all the time? If yes, remove the battery because constantly charging it will eventually kill the battery. Mistake that cost me $250US for a new battery.

Only use battery if you need to use laptop on the go.

bradylittleeva

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2011

i cannot find another battery, what can i do ,or can i do something to this one?

bbay1977

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2009

I have the same problem now. I don't think it may be the battery though. It was was working fine and my laptop had some updates and they were downloaded. Now I have the red "X" over the battery display saying"Consider replacing your battery". I am trying to update my BIO's now to see if that wll fix the problem. I just think it may be that it needs a different update than what was installed. I wll keep you posted when I get it fixed. If you have already fixed your laptop, please let me know what you done to fix the problem. My laptop will charge, it just has the red "X" on the battery display.

Thanks

RachyPixie

Honorable
Jul 7, 2012
I just had this problem a few minutes ago. I plugged in my charger, took the battery out and then put it back in, took out the charger and plugged it in again. It's all fine and working perfectly again. I then googled it to check and see if anyone else had this problem. Hope doing this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.