1900+ thoroughbred, does it exist?

ookhoi

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2002
I saw a thread (XP t-bred X Palomino) in which someone asked about where to buy a 1800+ thoroughbred. I couldn't find an answer.

So my question: do the thouroughbred cpus exist from 1700+ till 2100+ ? I'm looking for a 1900+ as it is the fastest one with a 1.5v core, which makes the difference between the 1900+ and the 2000+ a lot bigger than the difference between the 1800+ and the 1900+ (power/temp wise).

I asked several shops, and they all say only the 2200+ and higher will be sold.

AMD responded to my question:
===
Thank you for contacting AMD's Technical Service Center. The processors with Thoroughbred core were launched few weeks ago. Usually when processors are launched, they are not as easy to find as the older parts since a lot of people want them. You may want to check our buyer's guide or pricewatch.com
===

It seems to say that I just should wait for a 1900+ based on the thoroughbred core to come out.

Care to enlighten me (and others?)?

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
WHY do u want one?

temp wise they may run a bit cooler than a paloninininininino XP1900+, but if you have a decent cooler it should be of no issue. the diff between running at 45C and 50C is jack squat really.
Overclocking wise they arnt too much different either, as the first revision of the Tbred core (tbred a) topped out at 1800 to 1900Mhz, around the same as the 0.18 micron XP's.
personally i would wait for the XP2400+ to become common. alot faster, alot better OC potential.

<b><font color=green>A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kickboxing! :lol: </b></font color=green>

ookhoi

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2002
According to http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/02q2/020610/thoroughbred-05.html
a 1900+ thoroughbred outputs about 52.5 watt; the 1900+ palomino about 68.1 watt. That is 30% more for the same amount of cpu power. Quite a lot! So I want one because it consumes less power.

And not only that, it also requires less cooling power, which makes the system overall use less power. And it makes less noise. And an overall cooler system will last longer.

I don't want to overclock. I want a silent, reliable system with as little power as possible. If I could buy transmeta cpus I would get one of those. But for now, the 1900+ thoroughbred seems to be a very good choice.

Different people, different needs I guess :)

So, does somebody know if the 1900+ thoroughbred will be sold?