Best CPU - AMD or INTEL

I will make an upgrad to my system....it's only an AMD Duron 650Mhz.

But i don't no if I go to The Intel Pentium IV 2.533GHz or to the AMD ATLHON 2600+.
All benchmark tells that Intel is best in Mpeg4, but AMD is best in Mp3 and cpu benchmark.

What is the best CPU to convert divx????????

:tongue: <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by artsite on 09/20/02 12:03 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
8 answers Last reply
More about best intel
  1. Which is best - AMD or Intel?...Ford or Chevy?
    Benchmarks are theoretical...if you use either the P4 2.5Ghz or the XP2600+ in real life applications you will probably not notice any difference between the two.
    With today's prices you can buy a P4 for $265 and an XP2600+ for $314 - therefore TODAY I'd take the P4.

<font color=blue>Unofficial Forum Cop</font color=blue>
  3. Historically Intel does better with multimedia style apps, Athlon with FPU intensive programs such as Autocad. Anyhow the bottom line, either way you go you'll be getting a powerful machine with either CPU. My house has 2 Athlons and 1 pentium. I'd go for whichever one is cheaper. Or even look at the ones running around 2 Ghz and spend the difference on a bigger HD. You'll need the storage space for the Divx movies anyhow :).

:cool: Save heating costs on your home, overclock your PC!!! :cool:
  4. (insert a really [-peep-] big yawn, here)

I actually had a family reunion where several people got into a full out brawl over "Which was better: Ford or Chevy".

I mean, broken beer bottles, car keys, handfulls of hair, and oxygenated blood stains.

The worx.

The first 4 or 5 threads of stuff like this is entertaining. After 30 or 40, it just getz old.

Anyways, on topic, I hear the Cyrix processors are AWESOME!!!!

Wal-Mart is selling Microtel computers with Lindows installed. Look into it!

(BTW; if you are reading the benchmarks, it should be [-peep-] obvious exactly which processor 0wNz at converting Divx...)

P4's @ 3600Mhz ()wNz J00 4LL!!!!!!
  5. The P4 2.53GHz is $243 at googlegear.com and the XP2600+ is not yet selling, but MSRP is $299 or so. The 2.53 also beats the XP2600+ in divx, so your decision should be easy.

...And all the King's horses and all the King's men couldn't put my computer back together again...
  6. Which is better for games?
  7. Probably Ford. Maybe Chevy. Really depends. Buy a good videocard. That's what counts.

<font color=red>I'd like to dedicate this post to all my friends, family, and fans. Without them this post would never have been possible. Thank you!</font color=red>
  8. They'll both play games fine! Right now though, I'd get a P4. P4's are so reasonably priced, and in many cases the 2.53, 2.6, and 2.8 are better performers than the not even available 2600+.

The 2.26GHz P4 goes for $189, only $40 more than a 2200+. The 2.26 is easily overclockable to 2.5 w/ stock cooling.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs AMD Intel