chuckles

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2004

I am having trouble using the remote desktop between
computers in my network, but I can access the shared
folders fine, and I can pass control through an
invitation with remote assistance. When I ping the local
IP address of an individual computer, it times out. But,
when I ping another computer, it comes back fine. When I
try to use remote desktop to access another computer in
the network, it says "The client could not connect to the
remote computer. Remote connections might not be enabled
or the computer might be too busy to accept new
connections. It is also possible that network problems
are preventing your connection". When I go to system-
remote, the only option to click is "remote assistance".
There is no "remote destkop" option. I have, though, put
remote desktop as an exception in the Windows Firewall.
I am running Windows XP home edition version 2002 SP2.

I'd suggest you post your information, including which operating systems are
running on your LAN, to the microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely
newsgroup.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC