P3 Tualatin or Celeron Tualatin which to go with?

DarkLoOp

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2002
P3 1.3gig is about 100 while cel 1.3gig is about 60 which is better for UT2003 and doom3? and I am planning on getting a g4 4600. Any recommanditions would be nice thanks!

Ahhh computers are such a pain in the ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS they always have problems always!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The Tualatin PIII outperforms the Tualatin Celeron by a wide margin. There is a lot of dishonsty on the internet about this. My Tually Cellon 1.2 overclocked to 1.48GHz and gave roughly the performance of my PIII 1000 at that speed.

Some people will tell you to overclock the 1.2 Celly to 1.6GHz, well I'm here to tell you that for most people that just isn't going to happen. Since most tualatin Celerons are topping out somewhere between 1400 and 1600MHz, probably the best Celeron for overclocking is the Tualatin 1.0GHz. At least with that processor your chances of getting to 133MHz FSB are very high.

But you can push that PIII 1.26 to 1425 at 150MHz FSB quite easily.

If you want to try overclocking, the Tualatin Celeron 1.0GHz looks like a great value at under $50.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>