Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

psionic articles?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 2:22:16 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

Has dragon published any new powers or material on psionics?
Are there any good websites with new items/powers, etc.?

More about : psionic articles

Anonymous
July 25, 2005 2:46:20 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

Shawn Roske wrote:
>
> Has dragon published any new powers or material on psionics?
> Are there any good websites with new items/powers, etc.?

First and foremost, I would direct you to Hyperconscious by Bruce Cordell, the
author of the Expanded Psionics Handbook. It's published through Malhavoc Press:

http://www.montecook.com/cgi-bin/page.cgi?mpress_Hyper

Second, I would direct you to the two .ZIP files containing all of the Mind's
Eye articles published in support of psionics on the Wizards of the Coast
website. The first collects a great deal of material that has not been revised
to work with the Expanded Psionics Handbook, but all of the material in the
second has been:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/PsionicsPDF.zip

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/PsionicsPDF2.zip

The Mind's Eye column will be coming back later this year, but will apparently
focus less on plain-and-simple mechanics like powers, feats, and prestige
classes and more on integrating psionics with other supplements published by
Wizards - something like the Eberron Expanded column written by Keith Baker,
where he takes books like Lords of Madness and explains how to fit it into
Eberron.

Third, Dragon Magazine published a series of articles by Bruce Cordell in the
months leading up to the release of the Expanded Psionics Handbook. Each
discussed a new or altered aspect of the revised psionics rules, and did so not
by printing material from the book but by printing completely original material
that used the same rules. The issues and articles are as follows:

#314 New Psionic Races - The synad, human-like aberrations with a three-fold
mind.

#316 Psionic Feats - Eight feats.

#317 Psionic Powers - Four powers.

#318 Psionic Monsters - Two monsters.

#319 The Erudite - A 20-level base class which learns psionic abilities through
study and reflection.

--
Christopher Adams - Sydney, Australia
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you
understand?
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/mhacdebhandia/prestigec...
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/mhacdebhandia/templatel...

Berawler: Is there any sanity or light left in this shrivelled husk of a world?
SingingDancingMoose: There was, but we had to trade it in for the internet.
Berawler: That is quite possibly the best response to any question ever.
Anonymous
July 25, 2005 2:46:21 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

Christopher Adams wrote:
> Shawn Roske wrote:
>
>>Has dragon published any new powers or material on psionics?
>>Are there any good websites with new items/powers, etc.?
>
>
> First and foremost, I would direct you to Hyperconscious by Bruce Cordell, the
> author of the Expanded Psionics Handbook. It's published through Malhavoc Press:
>
> http://www.montecook.com/cgi-bin/page.cgi?mpress_Hyper
>

I'll take a look at it. Much of montecook's material don't really
impress me very much. I admire their tenacity, however.


> The Mind's Eye column will be coming back later this year, but will apparently
> focus less on plain-and-simple mechanics like powers, feats, and prestige
> classes and more on integrating psionics with other supplements published by
> Wizards - something like the Eberron Expanded column written by Keith Baker,
> where he takes books like Lords of Madness and explains how to fit it into
> Eberron.

Excellent. I found the column after I posted. The pdf collections of
the older stuff are a nice freeby.



>
> Third, Dragon Magazine published a series of articles by Bruce Cordell in the
> months leading up to the release of the Expanded Psionics Handbook. Each
> discussed a new or altered aspect of the revised psionics rules, and did so not
> by printing material from the book but by printing completely original material
> that used the same rules. The issues and articles are as follows:
>
> #314 New Psionic Races - The synad, human-like aberrations with a three-fold
> mind.
>
> #316 Psionic Feats - Eight feats.
>
> #317 Psionic Powers - Four powers.
>
> #318 Psionic Monsters - Two monsters.
>
> #319 The Erudite - A 20-level base class which learns psionic abilities through
> study and reflection.
>

Thanks for this list. Does anyone recommend any fan sites that have put
up homebrew material?
Related resources
Anonymous
July 25, 2005 2:46:22 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

Shawn Roske wrote:
> Christopher Adams wrote:
>
>> Shawn Roske wrote:
>>
>>> Has dragon published any new powers or material on psionics?
>>> Are there any good websites with new items/powers, etc.?
>>
>>
>>
>> First and foremost, I would direct you to Hyperconscious by Bruce
>> Cordell, the author of the Expanded Psionics Handbook. It's published
>> through Malhavoc Press:
>>
>> http://www.montecook.com/cgi-bin/page.cgi?mpress_Hyper
>>
>
> I'll take a look at it. Much of montecook's material don't really
> impress me very much. I admire their tenacity, however.
>
>

Actually, I like the Ptolus stuff. Who could not be impressed about a
640p. sourcebook?
http://www.montecook.com/cgi-bin/page.cgi?ptolus

Bruce Cordell's psionics material does look good.
July 25, 2005 3:10:15 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 19:51:11 -0400, Shawn Roske
<shawn_roske@sympatico.ca> dared speak in front of ME:

>Shawn Roske wrote:
>> Christopher Adams wrote:
>>
>>> Shawn Roske wrote:
>>>
>>>> Has dragon published any new powers or material on psionics?
>>>> Are there any good websites with new items/powers, etc.?
>>>
>>> First and foremost, I would direct you to Hyperconscious by Bruce
>>> Cordell, the author of the Expanded Psionics Handbook. It's published
>>> through Malhavoc Press:
>>>
>>> http://www.montecook.com/cgi-bin/page.cgi?mpress_Hyper
>>>
>>
>> I'll take a look at it. Much of montecook's material don't really
>> impress me very much. I admire their tenacity, however.
>
>Actually, I like the Ptolus stuff. Who could not be impressed about a
>640p. sourcebook?
>http://www.montecook.com/cgi-bin/page.cgi?ptolus

Me, if it's 640p of stuff I have no interest in.


--
Address no longer works.
try removing all numbers from
gafgirl1@2allstream3.net

--
Posted via NewsDemon.com - Premium Uncensored Newsgroup Service
------->>>>>>http://www.NewsDemon.com&lt;<<<<<------
Unlimited Access, Anonymous Accounts, Uncensored Broadband Access
Anonymous
July 25, 2005 4:50:36 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

Shawn Roske wrote:
> Shawn Roske wrote:
>
>> Christopher Adams wrote:
>>
>>> Shawn Roske wrote:
>>>
>>>> Has dragon published any new powers or material on psionics?
>>>> Are there any good websites with new items/powers, etc.?
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> First and foremost, I would direct you to Hyperconscious by Bruce
>>> Cordell, the author of the Expanded Psionics Handbook. It's published
>>> through Malhavoc Press:
>>>
>>> http://www.montecook.com/cgi-bin/page.cgi?mpress_Hyper
>>>
>>
>> I'll take a look at it. Much of montecook's material don't really
>> impress me very much. I admire their tenacity, however.
>>
>>
>
> Actually, I like the Ptolus stuff. Who could not be impressed about a
> 640p. sourcebook?
> http://www.montecook.com/cgi-bin/page.cgi?ptolus
>
> Bruce Cordell's psionics material does look good.

Me, I still prefer using the Space Opera psi rules... :) 

--
Sea Wasp
/^\
;;;
Live Journal: http://www.livejournal.com/users/seawasp/
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 8:21:48 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

Sea Wasp wrote:
>
> Me, I still prefer using the Space Opera psi rules... :) 
Could you elaborate? I've searched some P2P clients for Space Opera
material to get a look at what you are talking about, but it's going to
take a while before those files come it (dial-up). I haven't found
anything online. I remember advertisements and some articles in Dragon
back in the mid '80s. Are you talking about the Space Opera RPG from
way back?

I found a d6 conversion for Space Opera into West End's old StarWars,
but I"m not sure if that's it. It talks about very few psi abilities,
mostly telepathy, telekinesis, and something else, but nothing like
DND's elaborate system of effects.
!