psionic articles?

Has dragon published any new powers or material on psionics?
Are there any good websites with new items/powers, etc.?
6 answers Last reply
More about psionic articles

    Shawn Roske wrote:

    > Has dragon published any new powers or material on psionics?
    > Are there any good websites with new items/powers, etc.?

    First and foremost, I would direct you to Hyperconscious by Bruce Cordell, the
    author of the Expanded Psionics Handbook. It's published through Malhavoc Press:

    http://www.montecook.com/cgi-bin/page.cgi?mpress_Hyper

    Second, I would direct you to the two .ZIP files containing all of the Mind's
    Eye articles published in support of psionics on the Wizards of the Coast
    website. The first collects a great deal of material that has not been revised
    to work with the Expanded Psionics Handbook, but all of the material in the
    second has been:

    http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/PsionicsPDF.zip

    http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/PsionicsPDF2.zip

    The Mind's Eye column will be coming back later this year, but will apparently
    focus less on plain-and-simple mechanics like powers, feats, and prestige
    classes and more on integrating psionics with other supplements published by
    Wizards - something like the Eberron Expanded column written by Keith Baker,
    where he takes books like Lords of Madness and explains how to fit it into
    Eberron.

    Third, Dragon Magazine published a series of articles by Bruce Cordell in the
    months leading up to the release of the Expanded Psionics Handbook. Each
    discussed a new or altered aspect of the revised psionics rules, and did so not
    by printing material from the book but by printing completely original material
    that used the same rules. The issues and articles are as follows:

    #314 New Psionic Races - The synad, human-like aberrations with a three-fold
    mind.

    #316 Psionic Feats - Eight feats.

    #317 Psionic Powers - Four powers.

    #318 Psionic Monsters - Two monsters.

    #319 The Erudite - A 20-level base class which learns psionic abilities through
    study and reflection.

    --
    Christopher Adams - Sydney, Australia
    What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you

    Berawler: Is there any sanity or light left in this shrivelled husk of a world?
    SingingDancingMoose: There was, but we had to trade it in for the internet.
    Berawler: That is quite possibly the best response to any question ever.

    Christopher Adams wrote:
    > Shawn Roske wrote:
    >
    >>Has dragon published any new powers or material on psionics?
    >>Are there any good websites with new items/powers, etc.?
    >

    > First and foremost, I would direct you to Hyperconscious by Bruce Cordell, the
    > author of the Expanded Psionics Handbook. It's published through Malhavoc Press:
    >
    > http://www.montecook.com/cgi-bin/page.cgi?mpress_Hyper

    I'll take a look at it. Much of montecook's material don't really
    impress me very much. I admire their tenacity, however.

    > The Mind's Eye column will be coming back later this year, but will apparently
    > focus less on plain-and-simple mechanics like powers, feats, and prestige
    > classes and more on integrating psionics with other supplements published by
    > Wizards - something like the Eberron Expanded column written by Keith Baker,
    > where he takes books like Lords of Madness and explains how to fit it into
    > Eberron.

    Excellent. I found the column after I posted. The pdf collections of
    the older stuff are a nice freeby.

    > Third, Dragon Magazine published a series of articles by Bruce Cordell in the
    > months leading up to the release of the Expanded Psionics Handbook. Each
    > discussed a new or altered aspect of the revised psionics rules, and did so not
    > by printing material from the book but by printing completely original material
    > that used the same rules. The issues and articles are as follows:
    >
    > #314 New Psionic Races - The synad, human-like aberrations with a three-fold
    > mind.
    >
    > #316 Psionic Feats - Eight feats.
    >
    > #317 Psionic Powers - Four powers.
    >
    > #318 Psionic Monsters - Two monsters.
    >
    > #319 The Erudite - A 20-level base class which learns psionic abilities through
    > study and reflection.

    Thanks for this list. Does anyone recommend any fan sites that have put
    up homebrew material?

    Shawn Roske wrote:
    > Christopher Adams wrote:
    >
    >> Shawn Roske wrote:
    >>
    >>> Has dragon published any new powers or material on psionics?
    >>> Are there any good websites with new items/powers, etc.?
    >>

    >> First and foremost, I would direct you to Hyperconscious by Bruce
    >> Cordell, the author of the Expanded Psionics Handbook. It's published
    >> through Malhavoc Press:
    >>
    >> http://www.montecook.com/cgi-bin/page.cgi?mpress_Hyper
    >>

    > I'll take a look at it. Much of montecook's material don't really
    > impress me very much. I admire their tenacity, however.

    Actually, I like the Ptolus stuff. Who could not be impressed about a
    640p. sourcebook?
    http://www.montecook.com/cgi-bin/page.cgi?ptolus

    Bruce Cordell's psionics material does look good.

    On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 19:51:11 -0400, Shawn Roske
    <shawn_roske@sympatico.ca> dared speak in front of ME:

    >Shawn Roske wrote:
    >> Christopher Adams wrote:

    >>> First and foremost, I would direct you to Hyperconscious by Bruce
    >>> Cordell, the author of the Expanded Psionics Handbook. It's published
    >>> through Malhavoc Press:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.montecook.com/cgi-bin/page.cgi?mpress_Hyper
    >>>

    >> I'll take a look at it. Much of montecook's material don't really
    >> impress me very much. I admire their tenacity, however.
    >
    >Actually, I like the Ptolus stuff. Who could not be impressed about a
    >640p. sourcebook?
    >http://www.montecook.com/cgi-bin/page.cgi?ptolus

    Me, if it's 640p of stuff I have no interest in.

    --
    Address no longer works.
    try removing all numbers from

    Shawn Roske wrote:
    > Shawn Roske wrote:
    >
    >> Christopher Adams wrote:

    >>> First and foremost, I would direct you to Hyperconscious by Bruce
    >>> Cordell, the author of the Expanded Psionics Handbook. It's published
    >>> through Malhavoc Press:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.montecook.com/cgi-bin/page.cgi?mpress_Hyper
    >>>

    >> I'll take a look at it. Much of montecook's material don't really
    >> impress me very much. I admire their tenacity, however.
    >>

    > Actually, I like the Ptolus stuff. Who could not be impressed about a
    > 640p. sourcebook?
    > http://www.montecook.com/cgi-bin/page.cgi?ptolus
    >
    > Bruce Cordell's psionics material does look good.

    Me, I still prefer using the Space Opera psi rules... :)

    --
    Sea Wasp
    /^\

    Sea Wasp wrote:

    > Me, I still prefer using the Space Opera psi rules... :)
    Could you elaborate? I've searched some P2P clients for Space Opera
    material to get a look at what you are talking about, but it's going to
    take a while before those files come it (dial-up). I haven't found
    anything online. I remember advertisements and some articles in Dragon
    back in the mid '80s. Are you talking about the Space Opera RPG from
    way back?

    I found a d6 conversion for Space Opera into West End's old StarWars,
    but I"m not sure if that's it. It talks about very few psi abilities,
    mostly telepathy, telekinesis, and something else, but nothing like
    DND's elaborate system of effects.

Games Video Games