MN-700 in AP/Switch mode

My goal is 'simple'... I have 3 location that need internet access. All remote from the modem location.

So I place a wireless AP on the modem... at this point all is working fine and is affordable.

But whats next? Does the MN-700 fit anywhere in this picture?
If not what single AP+Switch can I get thats affordable?
(I dont want to buy 6 devices and couple them, I'm looking for a single device solution : AP + Switch)

I'm hopping the MN-700 AP/switch/router can do that.

Thanks,

Stephan

The MN-700 needs to be wired to the base station/router when in access mode.
Only a true Access Point device sounds like it would serve your purpose.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"Stephan Schaem" <sschaem@seriousmagic.com> wrote in message
> My goal is 'simple'... I have 3 location that need internet access. All
> remote from the modem location.
>
> So I place a wireless AP on the modem... at this point all is working fine
> and is affordable.
>
> But whats next? Does the MN-700 fit anywhere in this picture?
> If not what single AP+Switch can I get thats affordable?
> (I dont want to buy 6 devices and couple them, I'm looking for a single
> device solution : AP + Switch)
>
> I'm hopping the MN-700 AP/switch/router can do that.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Stephan

Thanks for your quick answer.

Their isn't many 'true' access point available on the market with a built in switch...
A quick search return me only two choices. One from Linksys the other from Edimax.

Did I miss other product manufacturer?

Thanks,

Stephan

"Chris H." <winxpnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23k9VRanAFHA.4008@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> The MN-700 needs to be wired to the base station/router when in access mode. Only a true Access Point device sounds like it would
> serve your purpose.
> --
> Chris H.
> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
> Associate Expert
>

> "Stephan Schaem" <sschaem@seriousmagic.com> wrote in message news:e77rXNnAFHA.3264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> My goal is 'simple'... I have 3 location that need internet access. All remote from the modem location.
>>
>> So I place a wireless AP on the modem... at this point all is working fine and is affordable.
>>
>> But whats next? Does the MN-700 fit anywhere in this picture?
>> If not what single AP+Switch can I get thats affordable?
>> (I dont want to buy 6 devices and couple them, I'm looking for a single device solution : AP + Switch)
>>
>> I'm hopping the MN-700 AP/switch/router can do that.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Stephan

:cool: May be: http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=wireless+access+point I
would look into only 802.11g WAPs. They'll have compatibility with 802.11b
devices, but g is 54 Mbps, while b is only 11. It does make a difference.