XBOX a pc?!?!?!?!

Bahumut

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2002
It's possible. In fact, the only thing keeping it from happening right now is the microsoft safeguards. A friend of mine is working on cracking it, but he's stuck right now. (Been stuck for 3 months)

Driver support will be a little shaky, but compatibility with windows should be fine.

Pain is the realization of your own weakness.

tastim

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2002
The bigger question is WHY would you want to? Xbox is a piece of crap and unless you're posting this message from a pentium 66 or something.... you already got better :p

Schmide

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2001
How about everything in a pc.

Yoshi rules <A HREF="http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/supergeek/story/0,24330,3381725,00.html" target="_new">http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/supergeek/story/0,24330,3381725,00.html</A>

Complicated proofs are proofs of confusion.

JPWRana

Distinguished
May 2, 2002
well, because that peice of crap isn't as expensive as a pc itself... that's why!!

The greatest risk of all is not taking one!

tombance

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2002
Yeah but its more expensive in the long run. If you buy a brand new console for £300, and then about 10 games for £45 each. Thats about £950. Then in a couple of years time a new console comes out and your old one is obsolete. You cant just upgrade your old console and you cant sell it because noone wants it. Your forced to go and spend £950 all over again.
Well with a PC, even though most parts must be updated every now and then some of the bits can be used over and over again. Also you can update tiny things every now and again just to slightly increase performance. Also it usually takes about 7 or 8 years to become completely obselete, even a p100 can still run office etc. Also you can build your own computers really cheap. I know that with some of my old stuff (Case, modem, monitor etc) I could build a whole new p4 system for around £600, and that would last me for quite a while. Also, Pc games arent dedicated to one type of system. They can run on any PC so you dont need to get a whole new system just to play the latest games (i.e. I can still play most games perfectly with my p3 system).

I hope you all now understand my opinion...

My sig's faster than yours, and it overclocks better too....