Looking for a good gaming laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

blahlime

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
 I am looking for a good gaming laptop that matches these preferences as closely as possible

1_What is your budget? No more than  $2000

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 
About 16"-17", with DVD ports so I can install games and watch movies, but also not to heavy since I will want to take it to school 

3_What screen resolution do you want? 
I don't know much about this, but one that will provide very good graphics for a long period of time but without being too expensive

5_How much battery life do you need? 
At least 1.5-2 hours, 3.5 hours if possible

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? 
Sims2, sims3, wonderland online, pirates online, angels online, and any other good MMOs I find. Highest possible settings for my budget  

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)     
I want to play at least 3 different games at once, and have them running almost all the time. Also video calling, word processing, video editing, photo editing, iTunes, and listening to music, but gaming and Internet browsing are first and foremost

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need? 
275+ gigs 

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them. 
It doesn't really matter, as long as it's cheap and not used

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop? 
At least 4 or 5 years

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? 
DVD ROM/writer, bluray  ROM/Writer 

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. 
I really like alienware because of their great technology and the cool design of the laptop.  I also like ASUS and MSI

13_What country do you live in? 
A small town in Canada 

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed. 
I want a few USB ports, DVD drives to install games and watch movies, 2 headphone ports, a camera, and a microphone