jc14all

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2001
aaaaaarrrrrrrgggghhh! Just got the game today loaded up flawlessly, but in W2k it will only let me play it as an administrator....bummer! I gave power user full privileges, but still the game insist on admin only.

So, ok I played as an adminstrator, but the game video starts flaking out then freezes. I had direct X 8.1, the latest build of ATI Catalyst v.5.13.1.6094 (5/23/2002), but the graphic are crap. Here is my hardware:

-Asus A7M266 M/B, Athlon T-Bird 1.3G CPU, w/512 Cosair PC-2100 DDR SDR

-Adaptec 2940U2W SCSI Controller
-2 ea. 18 GB Seagate 10k rpm SCSI HDD's
-Plextor 40X SCSI CD ROM
-ATI Radeon 64 DDR VIVO Graphic Card
-Linksys NIC
-Diamond MX400 Monster Sound Card

Also dual boot with W98SE, same deal with all the udated drivers, but the game freezes there as well. Frustating!

If anyone know what the best optimal settings to run this game, I would appreciate a little help or advise. Thanks in advance.

<font color=purple><b>An average human brain weights aprox. 3lbs., but a thought weights a load.</font color=purple></b>

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
If you have access to a later model graphics card i recommend you test it...sounds to me like WC3 has a problem with that older model Radeon.

Far as admin only goes i have no idea what thats about, probably a fluke in that particular windows install. Assign your user account in windows to the administrators group.

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the empires state building, along came goblin, wiped the spider out

jc14all

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2001
I haven't figured out the video problem yet but as far as the "Play as Admin Only" problem, I though this may help someone else later on if they happen to experience the same problem.

The good ole security features of W2k & XP, read this link -> <A HREF="http://www.securom.com/useraccess/index.html" target="_new">Securom</A>

<font color=purple><b>An average human brain weights aprox. 3lbs., but a thought weights a load.</font color=purple></b>

Yahiko81

Illustrious
Jul 17, 2001
It probably has to write reg keys when it starts. Use regedt32 and set security permissions on the keys that it needs.

<b>Agent</b> <b><font color=green>81</b></font color=green> :cool: