Sign in with
Your question

Complete Cloud Solution Provider for Medium Business?

Last response: in Business Computing
June 13, 2012 11:58:46 AM

I am helping a medium business that I work for research a transition toward cloud computing. The business has four officers at varying locations and we would like to migrate to the Cloud instead of upgrading our existing servers. Essentially we would like everything including document management, exchange email and application deployment to occur from the cloud. I am looking for some recommendations on the best solutions for the same and/or certain providers. Thanks.

More about : complete cloud solution provider medium business

June 15, 2012 6:26:11 PM

robdmb said:
I am helping a medium business that I work for research a transition toward cloud computing. The business has four officers at varying locations and we would like to migrate to the Cloud instead of upgrading our existing servers. Essentially we would like everything including document management, exchange email and application deployment to occur from the cloud. I am looking for some recommendations on the best solutions for the same and/or certain providers. Thanks.

With the brief description you provided for your needs, you might want to consider Windows Intune for PC management and security in the cloud. In addition to endpoint protection and cloud based management, you can also use Windows Intune for the task of quickly deploying software to the registered computers on your network. An example of how deploying software works as well as how easy the process is with Windows Intune can be found in a great video here. There is a free trial available right on the product page which would allow you to set it up and bring it to the table without cost.

In addition to the features outlined above, Windows Intune has some great additional perks as well if you chose to take advantage of them. Access to Windows 7 Enterprise, included in the base subscription, allows you to run a single operating system across all of your hardware including the advanced features designed to make enterprise management of PCs more powerful and more efficient, and the ability to add rights to the Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack.

For online Exchange hosting, you may also want to consider Office 365 which is similarly manageable by offering administrative controls for the Exchange mailboxes in addition to the ability to create, edit, share and store documents with Office web apps all online.

Jessica
Windows Outreach Team – IT Pro
June 15, 2012 6:33:21 PM

was going to suggest 365, but its only a partial solution, good to see windows outreach our reaching though

what other server based software are you talking about?
July 6, 2012 7:28:58 AM

I think a full cloud service provider can do more for you than the basic Google Apps for Business or Office 365. My main reason is that you can upgrade and keep "golden images" of certain desktops for security and scalable deployment. Costs are more along Opex instead of Capex, but if you want to do more on the Capex side, I'm sure someone will be happy to sell you a server and setup fees to go with it. But the Capex route typically doesn't include monthly IT costs to maintain that server.

So here are some options.

First one is dinCloud so you can virtualize your server online and hosted online so it doesn't matter where the client exists, their desktop is in the cloud and can be ported accordingly.

http://www.dincloud.com/services

Another option would be like My Officeplace which does the same thing but your just renting the server online (that way they get the 3am call the server is down, not you). Also can do desktop and app virtualization if that is your thing.

https://www.myofficeplace.net/virtual_private_server_ho...

Another option in the same vein is ICC GLobal hosting which does more or less the same thing. They can do desktop, server, and app hosting just like Officeplace.

http://www.iccglobalhosting.com/hosting-virtual-desktop...

Hope this helps!
July 25, 2012 5:35:15 AM

Looking forward for secure, quality and seamless internet connection to forwards data to the Cloud at an extremely high speed??

Ethernet Service Providers offer Cloud and Managed Security Services focusing on Core Security, Network Convergence, disaster recovery and many other protections against network threats to ensure that data transfer from all sites is in a timely and safe manner.

This is an interesting and informative article you might want to see about Cloud Security.:

http://www.ethernetshopper.com/cloud-and-managed-ethernet-security-services
August 7, 2012 6:56:13 AM

If you are looking to migrate to the cloud then , I would like to recommand you some cloud providers..Hope that will help you..

Citrix
Google Apps
VMware
Rackspace

Also , I would like to share some tips which will be useful for you while selecting any cloud service provider.

http://www.onthenetoffice.com/blog/2011/03/chosing-a-re...
!