Sign in with
Your question

Non-english windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
June 3, 2010 5:46:39 PM

Hello,
I have a Hebrew version of Windows 7. I have set the display language to English, but when I open the Control Panel the words the word Microphone and Earphones are in Hebrew (everything else is in English. Any ideas how that could be changed to English as well (apparently this creates a compatibility issue for Dragon Naturally Speaking)

More about : english windows

a b $ Windows 7
June 4, 2010 4:13:07 PM

there are 3 places that you need to change the configurations for, went through this with my wife, she is Chinese, so I had to have the display, conrol panel and apps all display Chinese, some of the Chinese apps were just jibberish, having said all that, I'm sorry to say I don't remember where they all were as I had spent several days poking around to find them
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
June 12, 2010 7:00:05 PM

Like I said, there is 3 places to do this, sorry that I can't remeber where they were, but I remember the problems I had very well
m
l
June 12, 2010 7:45:11 PM

number13 said:
Like I said, there is 3 places to do this, sorry that I can't remeber where they were, but I remember the problems I had very well

If by chance you'll remember I'd love to hear from you.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 12, 2010 7:51:07 PM

I'm in China and it's 3:40 in the morn, retired with a lot of time on my hands, I'll send a E-mail to the Chinese kid that helped me, see if he remembers, send me a PM so I can find you again
m
l
!