bumlardy

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2002
Hello,

I am just about to buy an XP2200+ I wondered if anyone knew how loud the fan is on the AMD retail boxed version that comes with a fan? Or should I just do the usual and buy the OEM part with a water cooler or similar?

Cheers.

That fan is not too loud at all and should be more than sufficient for your needs, seeing as how theres really not hardly any overhead for that particular processor, you won't be overclocking anyway.Ryan

Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.

baldurga

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2002
Man! You don't need water cooler at all! The sound level of retail boxed versions are acceptable. It's true that water cooler or similar is more silent, but that doesn't mean the standard fan is loud.

Loud fans use to run at 5000 rpm or more. I have one speening at 3300 and the DVD is louder!

DIY: read, buy, test, learn, reward yourself!

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Heh heh. I say get a good sound card and good speakers, crank them up, and you won't care how loud your fans are. ;) Heh heh.

<pre><A HREF="http://www.nuklearpower.com/comic/186.htm" target="_new"><font color=red>It's all relative...</font color=red></A></pre><p>