Need Laptop Build for Statistical Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

elite8689

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2011
I run SPSS constantly on my i7 desktop but I really need the ability to do so on the go. My laptop is horribly out of date and I need a new one. Any suggestions? I'll probably wait to pull the trigger on a purchase until post Black Friday but I figure I should start my research now.

1. What is your budget? 1500

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? at least 13"

3. What screen resolution do you want? Not important

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Desktop replacement

5. How much battery life do you need? At least 2 hours, preferably much longer

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Yes, only really civ4 and older total war games.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) SPSS, math

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? At least 200 GB

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. Anywhere, I love newegg though

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 2 years at least

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Not sure if I need one, DVD to be safe

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Indifferent to brands

13. What country do you live in? America

Thanks in advance, this is a great community and helped me built my desktop a few years back.

partsandlabour

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012
dell and maybe lenovo, stay away from HP, Acer, etc.
that budget would always be more than enough for your needs, so take a pick

support and designed to which occasion is the reason why Dell and Lenovo, the others are more consumer oriented, and push things to designs too fast. HP in their pavillion series.. still getting hate from consumers on that..

Status
Not open for further replies.