SOS - Palm LifeDrive and HotSync on Mac OS X

June 1, 2005 8:07:23 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

I have a brand new Palm LifeDrive and I try the 1st attempts to HotSync.

My Mac OS X 10.3.9 consistently crashes 100% of the time while the new PIM
conduits [Task, Calendar, etc.] do the synchronizing job.

If I disable the new PIM Conduits then the HotSync process is OK.

In addition, on my Mac OS X 10.4.1, the LifeDrive software installation disk
wiped out my loginwindow.plist fileand created a new one.

Any better experiences? Any advice?

Thanks, PaulN
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 11:03:53 PM

Paul, have you considered using The Missing Sync? I just bought a Mac
Mini with and installed Tiger, and my T3 absolutely would not
synchronise with it. After fighting with it for two days, I gave up
and paid the $40 for the Missing Sync and it has worked perfectly
since then.

The only downside is that for some reason, they don't offer a trial
version.
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 12:50:03 AM

Donald Stidwell <joe@nowhere.com> aszonygya:
:p aul, have you considered using The Missing Sync? I just bought a Mac :Mini
with and installed Tiger, and my T3 absolutely would not :synchronise with
it. After fighting with it for two days, I gave up :and paid the $40 for the
Missing Sync and it has worked perfectly :since then. : :The only downside
is that for some reason, they don't offer a trial :version.

Yes, I am considering it. In fact, I have it but never got to install it. I
know the Missing Sync guys very well, a great company who are doing probably
more than any other Palm developer to organize and to inform the community of
Palm developers. So I want to put it on the record that they are doing a
wonderful job.

Small print. Since I do some Palm stuff too, I get Missing Sync for free as a
professional courtesy. However, my opinion expressed above is independent of
this. In fact, I only recently found out that Missing Sync is free for me.

One downside is that if I say goodbye to HotSync, then I won't be able to
help with HotSync the people using my stuff anymore.

/Paul
!