5 CPUs produced, must be a release

Junkkyy

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2002
AP News Bulletin:

A total of five (5) 2800 CPUs were produced and distributed to several hardware review sites today, marking AMD's official number for a release date.

Jack Offerson of AMD's marketing division held a press conference:

"I am proud to announce that we have made not one, not two, but FIVE whole 2800 CPUs, and have now launched the product! This is an exciting day, as such a wonderful product has not been availiable, and now five trendy hardware sites have their own! "

It has been reported that another 2800 CPU will be produced next week sometime, with maybe two or three to round out the month of October. No word yet as to who's wang you have to suck to get one.

Added Offerson: "We will have as many as fifty CPUs produced by February of next year, and will step it up to a hundred or so by summertime, marking our commitment to our customers and our marketing machine."

It has also been rumored that the fabled "2600" CPU production count is now up to 27, but these rumors have been unsubsantiated.

In a related story, the World Wildlife Federation has declared the 2400, the 2600, and the 2800 as endangered species, and is asking that if any are found in the wild they be turned in, so as to make them breed before the species dies off. I. P. Freeley of the Federations states: "This is a beautiful creature, but extremely rare. If anyone finds any of these CPUs we ask that they be treated gently and turned in as soon as possible. We don't want to lose the few of these that exist."

The EPA also placed the AMD CPUs on their "Super Utlra Endangered species list", and any poaching is to be punished by way of 8000RPM fan.

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway

Junkkyy

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2002
If you disagree with my interpretation, here's what you can do to save yourself time and energy:

1) Choose between "FUD" "Troll" and "Flamer"

2) Apply choice from 1) to my thoughts

3) Turn off computer

This will allow you to stigmatize a post without any debate or thought. It is very effective, and has been applied well in the past by forum fixtures such as Matisaro.

It also has the benefit of avoiding too much thinking, and as Malibu Stacy once said "Thinking gives you wrinkles!"

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway

Junkkyy

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2002
If you disagree with my interpretation, here's what you can do to save yourself time and energy:

3) Turn off computer

This will allow you to stigmatize a post without any debate or thought. It is very effective, and has been applied well in the past by forum fixtures such as Matisaro.

It also has the benefit of avoiding too much thinking, and as Malibu Stacy once said "Thinking gives you wrinkles!"

Junkkyy

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2002

3) Turn off computer

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Very funny. Today must be the day for people to satire AMD. Heh heh.

However, I would like to point one thing out. According to AMD's website:
<font color=green>Q: When do you expect systems featuring the AMD Athlon XP processors 2800+ and 2700+ to be available?

A: Limited edition desktop systems featuring the AMD Athlon XP processor 2800+ are expected to be available in late November exclusively from premier enthusiast PC manufacturers ABS, Alienware, Falcon NW, MicronPC and Voodoo PC. AMD has begun shipping samples of the AMD Athlon XP processors 2800+ and 2700+ to computer manufacturers for system availability expected in late November.</font color=green>
So technically, the processor hasn't been 'launched' yet. Once late November hits though (almost two months in the future) then if they're still not available, you'll be spot on.

<pre><A HREF="http://www.nuklearpower.com/comic/186.htm" target="_new"><font color=red>It's all relative...</font color=red></A></pre><p>

Junkkyy

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2002
FLASH

The fabled AMD 2800 CPU was spotted deep in the jungle of Guatemala. The World Wildlife Federation immediately dispatched a fleet of helicopters to seek out and capture this creature. This will now bring the total number of known 2800s up to 8, hopefully enough to stave off extinction.

gaviota

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2002
Guatemala? Thats very close to where I live...maybe I'll get an XP2800+ sooner than I thought!!!!!

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
*mirthful chuckles*
One has to admit though that AMD is bringing this upon themselves.
Anandtech was very harsh on the matter as well.
Paper releasing 2 new products when you cannot even find the previous 2 yet! (XP2400 & 2600)

Plus a year or so bad AMD was poking fun at Intel for their paper launches of the then high end pentium 3 1133's.

I wonder if an XP2800's are hiding in the Tasmanian wilderness (In Australia)... along with Elvis, the Dodo and the Tasmanian Tiger. :lol:

<b>I'm THE THGC Strumpet! Hear me Roar! *Squeak!* :cool: </b>