Dell SmartStep 200N NOTEBOOK - When I plug the AC Adapter ..

Hi,

I have a Dell SmartStep 200N NOTEBOOK - Windows XP Pro

When I plug the AC Adapter (9t458) into the notebook, the screen
fades to very dark (not black). I can still be some images on the
screen, it doesn't go 100% black.

When I discconect the AC adapter from the notebook, the screen is
perfect.

Could some component inside the notebook cause the adapter to
malfunction?

Should I replace the adapter?
2 answers Last reply
More about dell smartstep 200n notebook plug adapter

    There are recalls on some of the AC adapters that Dell has put out. You
    might want to find out if yours is one of them.

    --
    JLA ENTERPRISES TECHNOLOGIES INTEGRATION
    Technical Support Team

    Visit our forums for FREE technical support at
    http://jlaenterprises.ath.cx/phpbb2/index.php

    Check out some of the items we are offering
    Dell Laptop Docking Stations starting at $5.00
    Dell 20" Sony Trinitron Flat Screen Monitors starting at $35.00
    Dell 21" Flat Screen Monitors starting at $40.00
    Dell Latitude and Inspiron CD Rom and Floppy Drives starting at $5.00

    Be sure to visit http://www.jlaenterprises.com

    JLA ENTERPRISES TECHNOLOGIES INTEGRATION wrote:

    > There are recalls on some of the AC adapters that Dell has put out. You
    > might want to find out if yours is one of them.
    >
    > --
    > JLA ENTERPRISES TECHNOLOGIES INTEGRATION
    > Technical Support Team
    >
    > <snip>

    Y'know, JLA, while your input is welcomed, your
    advertising signature smells alot like SPAM.

    Notan

Dell Notebooks Computers