Cannot access MSBN Utility

Last response: in Networking
Share
January 25, 2005 4:25:37 AM

I have been unable to access the MSBN Utility for quite
some time. Whenever I try to open it, I get a C++ Runtime
error. I believe it started when installed SP2 but I am
not 100% sure. Another system on my network which does
not yet have SP2 does not have the problem.

Is there a known issue with accessing the Broadband
Utility after installing SP2? is there a fix?

Thanks in advance

More about : access msbn utility

Anonymous
January 25, 2005 9:44:04 AM

If you really like the MSBN, download the update:
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/1...
Since you're on Windows XP SP2, which had an incompatibility with the
interface, you could administer the base station without the front-end
software simply by doing to the IP address in your router. The front-end
can safely be uninstalled via Add or Remove Programs.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

!