Sounds like AMD is listening. I was quite impressed with the speed bump. In some situations the athlon performed better then the p4 paired with rdram.

i was semi impressed with the nforce2. because it is only a prototype board i don't think we should take the scores too serious. You may find that nvidia will tweak the memory controler and everything else to keep it stable, which will reduce scores.

However, i think the P4 will benefit a lot more with Dual DDR. You may find that P4 paired with Dual DDR will be faster then with rdram making it compete better. DDR 5200 with low latency will be quite screaming compared to pc1060 with high latency. Remember latency plays a big role in performance and reduces bandwidth.

Also, the 2800 is a paper launch. Where are the 2600's? nice review but not so nice because you won't be able to buy it anytime soon. And when it does come out around the holiday season you're gonna wanna wait to see what hammer has to offer and/or what the intel has to offer.

Life is irrelivent and irrational.

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=9933" target="_new"> My Rig </A><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by xxsk8er101xx on 10/02/02 11:22 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
on big workload RDRAM have less latency

At aceshardware on show that Rimm 4200 have less lantecy on 64Kb that I845G lowest latency chipset for P4.Not bad for oldest chipset on the market near 3 year now.

Now what to do??