NEUTRALITY

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2002
they have roadmaps at www.vr-zone.com you might have to search for it though. I think it's supposed to be in the second half of 2003

vacs

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
davesdaman: are you talking about when the hammer gets paper released or are you asking when one will actually able to buy a clawhammer (home cpu)?

If the SOI process doesn't make them to much headaches as it seems it is making for the time being, then the paper release will be probably q1/q2 2003 at the earliest. The real product will not be available in stores until q2/q3 2003.

Hopefully AMD can make it until the real release of the hammer cpu because for the time being everything seems to be going just downhill with AMD (cpu performance/marketshare as well stocks and other financial aspects).

Looks like the P4 3.6 will be surely available before the Hammer CPU and maybe even Intel's prescott cpu will be released for real until the hammer ships. To beat those offerings AMD not only need a cheep, excellent performing cpu but also the right software optimized for this 32/64-bit hybrid. The latter is unfortunately out of control for AMD and won't happen before 2004, the former needs still to be proved...

imgod2u

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2002
Prescott is made by Intel, they don't abide by AMD's schedule so how could you possibly guarantee that it'll be released after Hammer? Now given AMD's current track, I'd like to think they'd be able to get Hammer out early next year before Prescott, but who knows.

"We are Microsoft, resistance is futile." - Bill Gates, 2015.

eden

Champion
"sigh", this topic has been said so many times, I wish the topic creators would search before posting.

In regards to you imgod2u, I personally have MAJOR doubts about AMD's 0.09m schedule. If they have trouble with 0.13m SOI, how the heck can they transition and expect CH in 2H 0.09m SOI! This is so much rushed. Not directed to what you said but in general on the scheduling AMD has now.

--
What made you choose your THG Community username/nickname? <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/community/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=19957#19957" target="_new">Tell here!</A><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Eden on 10/03/02 04:02 PM.</EM></FONT></P>