Sign in with
Your question

pent4-2a please help

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Motherboards
Last response: in CPUs
October 3, 2002 10:52:14 PM

i have a p4-2a with aVIA p4x-266 mother board,512 ddr mem,40gig western dig drive and cdr. i can not get this system to run. i'm installing win98se. there is a lot of dll. problems. i can install windows alone let the system set for 24hrs and have registry problems the next boot.i'm not overclocking or anything like that just trying to find a stable combination. i have also tried a intel d845ebg2 mother board to no prevail. i have swopped mem also. please help.

stuck

More about : pent4

a c 159 à CPUs
a c 435 V Motherboard
October 4, 2002 12:08:43 AM

I also had problems with 98se on this board. I suggest you upgrade to windows 2k, available at 9software for $75-80. You may also have a bad cd. Even the smallest scratches will cause corruption in files.
October 4, 2002 12:29:46 AM

i have tried win 2000 and the problem still persist. the win 98 cd load fine on a another system. these errors are all the time at 0167.xxxxx in memory is this the cache of the processor?
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
October 4, 2002 5:05:48 AM

VIA has always had issues with 9x. People blamed 9x, but for some reason, Intel didn't have these problems.

The P4X400 is a piece of [-peep-]. SiS chipsets are both better performing and more stable, allong with superior compatability and cheaper price.

People might suggest getting a new OS. Well, a new motherboard is often cheaper. Too bad VIA already got your money, supporting VIA is like supporting a terrorist organization IMO.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>
!