Tungsten C - don't lose your stylus!

June 1, 2005 9:05:07 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Just got my T-C a few weeks ago and lost the stylus yesterday.
Looked on the PalmOne website - nothing
Called them - apparantly they don't make them any more.
Wow. Talk about poor support for a product.
It looks like it's a different stylus than the rest of the Tungsten line.

Anybody know if another stylus fits this thing?

More about : tungsten lose stylus

Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 1, 2005 9:13:46 PM

BillM wrote:
> Just got my T-C a few weeks ago and lost the stylus yesterday.
> Looked on the PalmOne website - nothing
> Called them - apparantly they don't make them any more.
> Wow. Talk about poor support for a product.
> It looks like it's a different stylus than the rest of the Tungsten line.
>
> Anybody know if another stylus fits this thing?

Have you tried eBay? I got quite a few hits searching for "tungsten c
stylus."

Shane
June 2, 2005 12:15:37 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Per BillM:
>Wow. Talk about poor support for a product.
>It looks like it's a different stylus than the rest of the Tungsten line.
>
>Anybody know if another stylus fits this thing?

Lost the stylus on my Clie about a week after getting it.

Could've bought a new one, but chose to tape a regular stylus to a pen.

While that solution was dawining on me, I started writing using my fingernail.

Last year or so, I've been using my fingernail. With a little practice it
works well enough except for clicking buttons.
--
PeteCresswell
a b Ý World of Warcraft

BillM wrote:

> Just got my T-C a few weeks ago and lost the stylus yesterday.
> Looked on the PalmOne website - nothing
> Called them - apparantly they don't make them any more.
> Wow. Talk about poor support for a product.
> It looks like it's a different stylus than the rest of the Tungsten line.
>
> Anybody know if another stylus fits this thing?

Froogle "tungsten c stylus" and you'll get about 11,000 hits. The ones I
looked at all have stock. At least three different brands available.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

"BillM" <bmacfarlane@pullforspam.qwest.net> wrote:

>Just got my T-C a few weeks ago and lost the stylus yesterday.
>Looked on the PalmOne website - nothing
>Called them - apparantly they don't make them any more.
>Wow. Talk about poor support for a product.
>It looks like it's a different stylus than the rest of the Tungsten line.
>
>Anybody know if another stylus fits this thing?

Well, I was going to suggest the Landware Floating Point stylus, the
best ever made, Unfortunately, they don't seem to sell them any more
:-(

To reply, please remove one letter from each side of "@"
Spammers are VERMIN. Please kill them all.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 2, 2005 3:43:33 AM

On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 21:58:46 -0400, "J. Clarke"
<jclarke.usenet@snet.net.invalid> wrote:

>Froogle "tungsten c stylus" and you'll get about 11,000 hits. The ones I
>looked at all have stock. At least three different brands available.

and I'd suggest buying a few spares, one to keep in your PDA, one to
carry with your PDA in its case, and a few more under lock and key in
case you managed to lose that 2.

My PDA is 3 years old and showing sign of battery problem, lasting
about 1.5 hours instead of the original 4 hours but I plan to keep
using it until the battery is uselessly short or the PDA dies. The
old variant of saying "If it ain't broke, don't replace it".
a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 2, 2005 10:07:14 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

I am very disappointed in PalmOne's product support with this issue.
Various substitute styli have been suggested. Some are not
satisfactory. I don't want to get a substitute that doesn't fit into my
T-C. Nor do I want to pay too much for a stylus.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 2, 2005 3:27:19 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

"BillM" <bmacfarlane@pullforspam.qwest.net> wrote in news:X2sne.511
$Wk4.14852@news.uswest.net:

> Just got my T-C a few weeks ago and lost the stylus yesterday.
> Looked on the PalmOne website - nothing
> Called them - apparantly they don't make them any more.
> Wow. Talk about poor support for a product.
> It looks like it's a different stylus than the rest of the Tungsten line.
>
> Anybody know if another stylus fits this thing?

Look for Belkin products, a line of computer accessories of all types. I
lost my stylus also, could not find them at all from Palm, and Belkin has
this really neato stylus that fits the model C, AND, get this, is also a
flashlight!!!!!

(But when I found my lost factory stylus [under the front seat of the car]
I never switched it back, liking the flashlight stylus which fits much
tighter in the holder.)
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 2, 2005 7:38:37 PM

"BillM" <bmacfarlane@pullforspam.qwest.net> wrote in message

> Just got my T-C a few weeks ago and lost the stylus yesterday.
> Looked on the PalmOne website - nothing
> Called them - apparantly they don't make them any more.
> Wow. Talk about poor support for a product.
> It looks like it's a different stylus than the rest of the Tungsten line.
>
> Anybody know if another stylus fits this thing?

Try pdaparts.com
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 2, 2005 10:03:01 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

I don't disagree that it's strange that replacement styli for the
Tungsten C don't appear on PalmOne's webpage, but seriously, this is an
easy issue to solve. Every major retailer I've seen has Tungsten C
replacement styli for sale, either actually made by Palm, such as this
package from Staples.com:

http://www.staples.com/Catalog/Browse/Sku.asp?PageType=...

Or something like the Belkin 4-pack, which I've bought from Staples
stores in person (twice actually!), and appear to be indistinguishable
from the original PalmOne styli in every respect.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 4, 2005 6:14:41 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

you can see if they still sell it at www.styluscentral.com or other stylus
sites on the Internet. As a rule when I buy a new Palm I always get an extra
pack of Stylii just in case.

"BillM" <bmacfarlane@pullforspam.qwest.net> wrote in message

> Just got my T-C a few weeks ago and lost the stylus yesterday.
> Looked on the PalmOne website - nothing
> Called them - apparantly they don't make them any more.
> Wow. Talk about poor support for a product.
> It looks like it's a different stylus than the rest of the Tungsten line.
>
> Anybody know if another stylus fits this thing?

Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 4, 2005 6:21:08 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

By the way, since the Tungsten C is about 2 years old it might be replaced
soon. Hence the reason for them not selling the stylii anymore. I've also
been very disappointed with the fact that they never really sold a good case
for it. Now, they have a decent one but it costs an arm and a leg (over
$100).

"BillM" <bmacfarlane@pullforspam.qwest.net> wrote in message

> Just got my T-C a few weeks ago and lost the stylus yesterday.
> Looked on the PalmOne website - nothing
> Called them - apparantly they don't make them any more.
> Wow. Talk about poor support for a product.
> It looks like it's a different stylus than the rest of the Tungsten line.
>
> Anybody know if another stylus fits this thing?

Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 4, 2005 4:29:00 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops (More info?)

BillM said on 01.06.05:

> Anybody know if another stylus fits this thing?

The Stylus Multipack from PalmOne (I always order a set of replacements
for a new model, just in case) for my Tungsten E has replaceable screw-on
ends to fit Tungsten E, C, W and Zire 72

Chris
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 4, 2005 10:55:25 PM

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 at 13:07 GMT, <kthomson@tconl.com> wrote:

> Various substitute styli have been suggested. Some are not
> satisfactory. I don't want to get a substitute that doesn't fit into my
> T-C. Nor do I want to pay too much for a stylus.

<shrug> I have bought lots of third-party styli (for three different
palm models) and have yet to find one that did not fit properly.

This even includes poorly-translated cheapo eBay auctions.

--
http://cbsrmt.mousetrap.net/RMTdb/ CBS Radio Mystery Theater database
http://greyhound.mousetrap.net/altus/ our ex-racer greyhound

John McCain 2008