Looking to purchase a laptop over the next month or so, with all the holiday sales and such it seems like the right time to do so. Im looking to get a laptop that will play just about all games on decent settings. Im looking to spend around 700-800 bucks. Where and what should i look out for?
for that price range a 14" or 15.6" laptop with i5/i7 and GT540m (or equivalent ati gpu) will be the optimal choice. you won't be able to run games on ultra but medium to high will be doable at reasonable resolution and aa/af setting
a laptop that will play just about all games on decent settings
It's too early to nail down Black Friday sales prices and what options will be on offer.
Generally, you'll be looking for the best CPU and GPU that will fit into your budget. With the GPU being the priority.
Right now - we have more questions than you do. Decent settings? That means something to you, of course. But you've done a poor job explaining what that really means.
Pyree's suggestion is a good start to answering all those 'usual questions' needed to get you good advice.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15.6 seems to be a good size.
3. What screen resolution do you want? Depends on priceing.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Dont take portability into consideration.
5. How much battery life do you need? Honestly, it does not matter.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Yes. WoW, MW3 etc.. Medium-High Settings preferably.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Maybe some Photoshop/Illustrator
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? Speed matters more to me. Rather have a 7200rpm HD over a 5400rpm one.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. Newegg seems to be best. Never had any problems ordering from there, great service. But for better prices id be willing to try other places.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 2-4 Years i suppose. Then it will be outdated...
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Basic dvd drive is fine, blueray would be cool but optional.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I dont really have a favorite brand.
13. What country do you live in? USA
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. I wouldnt mind a thick bulky laptop. They seem to be the best for keeping the system cool, which is what i want.