Serious problem in windows 7

Omer1000

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2009
help!!!! i have a netbook from hp they gave me windows 7 starter then i have upgraded to ultimate but it worked slow so i have installed Ubuntu and after that i wanted to delete Ubuntu so i have deleted it and now windows gives me a boot error like this "windows failed to start" and its telling me to to put windows CD but i dont have a CD because its a netbook=no cd drive and i cant boot from a flash drive because i only have 2 gig and not 4 and i know that windows did not got deleted because i can see my files in Ubuntu and windows folder still exists plzzz help1!! i only have a micro sd card with 4 gig

plz do not lock this thread i rly need help!

number13

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
it's new so take it back to HP, as for Win7 being slow, first you should have asked before you knee jerked the system, now you have 2 problems, 1st Win7 creates a file in the MBR called ntldr.dll, it keeps you from installing any OS and it working, 2, now that you have made the computer useless to you, and there is nothing we can do, do to a lack of tech expertise on your part, take it back to where you got it and grovel, they may install 7 again, then ask why it is slow and provide all the system specs and we will tell you

Jonmor68

Distinguished
There's a reason why netbooks are cheap and only have W7 starter on them, it's not because they are fast and capable of running all the extras of Ultimate.
" i only have 2 gig and not 4" flash drive.
So you can lay out money for Ultimate, but can't afford a 4 gig flash drive? you would have been better off to get the flash drive and leave Ultimate.

Dunno about Win7 "starter" edition, but my HP lappy came with Win7 home premium and an app to backup the boot partition installation files to some DVDR discs. I guess it saves them a few $$ to not have to ship discs with the computer, but since I got it on sale I don't mind too much..