flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Ok, I have this simulation of Grover's quantum search algorihtm I wrote in Matlab, and it runs k w/ even a 7 bit system (it takes maybe 25 mins to compute everything). Issue is I NEED to calculate with 9-bit system, and this is quite a few matricies of dimensions 2^9x2^9 being multipled, and also loops being done on them of caculations (in some cases loops that are about 1.3.......x10^154) so as u can imagine this not only takes a bunch of memory, but also a ton of processing power (as is known that turing machine cannot simulate quantum turing or universal turing machine in an polynomial (efficient) time). So what do you guys think I should do to expedite this computation? I have a 1.2Ghz chugging away, and don't think I can have access to a Cray within the next week (though I may arrange something later........). Does anyone know if Matlab has a distributed computing capability or something? At school they'd prolly let me run it on the network, which is 200-300 P3 1Ghz and 100 P4 1.7Ghz, so it should be decently fast.

What if you had admin rights to life?

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
*update* after a lot of calculation, 9-bit system done! Now for 16-bit system. This is scary though, as it's 2^16x2^16, with a loop that does calculations even more times than the 9-bit. I really need some advice now.

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
*update* (again)
Matlab is da shiznit!! It's got a built in converter from m-file coding to c++ executable, so I did that, and now it's also optimized for 3D Now!. This stuff takes seconds now for 9 bit system!!! Wow!! Go AMD!!!