Sign in with
Your question

Track a laptop with serial number and ip address

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
October 27, 2011 5:52:07 PM

A Champion E661C Notebook was stolen in Houston Texas from a friend's house, where he was using it.
Item was built by Computer Builders Warehouse with Serian Number 755II133103320

Any information would be appreciated. Please contact Carlos at carloslopez53@att.net
a b D Laptop
October 27, 2011 6:01:49 PM

First I would contact your local authorities.

Second I would contact the company that makes those laptops to see if it's possible to track.

Thirdly, if it was a computer savvy person that stole the laptop it may possibly be never seen again.
m
l
a b D Laptop
October 27, 2011 6:53:34 PM

unless it had lojack or you can find out the mac address, there's virtually no way for you to track it
m
l
Related resources
October 27, 2011 11:36:24 PM

Chainzsaw said:
First I would contact your local authorities.

Second I would contact the company that makes those laptops to see if it's possible to track.

Thirdly, if it was a computer savvy person that stole the laptop it may possibly be never seen again.

First and second have been done, and I agree about the third.

Thanks for your feedback
m
l
October 27, 2011 11:38:28 PM

AntiZig said:
unless it had lojack or you can find out the mac address, there's virtually no way for you to track it

I agree with you, I did not have lojack and can't find any details on mac address.

Thanks
m
l
a b D Laptop
October 28, 2011 1:05:22 PM

yeah sorry man, it's a bad predicament to be in, there's a tiny chance it'll turn up, but don't count on it.
best of luck
m
l
October 28, 2011 1:27:22 PM

The manufacturer can figure out the MAC address, but that may not help you find it. The MAC address is only seen on a subnet and not viewable on another network (after data passes through a router).
m
l
October 28, 2011 4:20:54 PM

Jim_L9 said:
The manufacturer can figure out the MAC address, but that may not help you find it. The MAC address is only seen on a subnet and not viewable on another network (after data passes through a router).

Thanks, I'll try doing that.
m
l
October 28, 2011 4:21:33 PM

AntiZig said:
yeah sorry man, it's a bad predicament to be in, there's a tiny chance it'll turn up, but don't count on it.
best of luck

Thanks, maybe it will in time...
m
l
!