Track a laptop with serial number and ip address

A Champion E661C Notebook was stolen in Houston Texas from a friend's house, where he was using it.
Item was built by Computer Builders Warehouse with Serian Number 755II133103320

Any information would be appreciated. Please contact Carlos at carloslopez53@att.net
8 answers Last reply
More about track laptop serial number address
  1. First I would contact your local authorities.

Second I would contact the company that makes those laptops to see if it's possible to track.

Thirdly, if it was a computer savvy person that stole the laptop it may possibly be never seen again.
  2. unless it had lojack or you can find out the mac address, there's virtually no way for you to track it
  3. Chainzsaw said:
    First I would contact your local authorities.

Second I would contact the company that makes those laptops to see if it's possible to track.

Thirdly, if it was a computer savvy person that stole the laptop it may possibly be never seen again.

First and second have been done, and I agree about the third.

Thanks for your feedback
  4. AntiZig said:
    unless it had lojack or you can find out the mac address, there's virtually no way for you to track it

I agree with you, I did not have lojack and can't find any details on mac address.

Thanks
  5. yeah sorry man, it's a bad predicament to be in, there's a tiny chance it'll turn up, but don't count on it.
    best of luck
  6. The manufacturer can figure out the MAC address, but that may not help you find it. The MAC address is only seen on a subnet and not viewable on another network (after data passes through a router).
  7. Jim_L9 said:
    The manufacturer can figure out the MAC address, but that may not help you find it. The MAC address is only seen on a subnet and not viewable on another network (after data passes through a router).

Thanks, I'll try doing that.
  8. AntiZig said:
    yeah sorry man, it's a bad predicament to be in, there's a tiny chance it'll turn up, but don't count on it.
    best of luck

Thanks, maybe it will in time...
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops IP Address Notebooks