Sign in with
Your question

Last response: in Business Computing
June 13, 2012 6:24:44 PM

We are a small business with only 113 employees we use exchange server now on 2003 small business server now and we are going to upgrade our server. what would be the best email to use ?

More about : mail

June 13, 2012 7:57:28 PM

Kind of a tough question to answer. Only you know what your reqirements are, if you've had issues etc. You would need to spell out a few more details and reasons to get a good answer to this.
June 14, 2012 5:03:31 PM

Honestly, I would suggest sticking with Exchange. I know it's a bit pricey, but that would be easiest for everyone. Exchange 2007+ has really become a well oiled machine and I rarely have to deal with Exchange issues for my clients. Migrating from 2003 to 2010 is fairly straightforward and not overly complicated.

Feel free to pm me if you have any specific questions :) 

If you are looking for a cheaper alternative and know a little bit of Linux, you could always use Mozilla Thunderbird and Zimbra which is something like 30/yr per user for the non-community edition (the community edition is free)
Related resources
June 14, 2012 6:01:32 PM

Thanks for the info. The only problem I have is we have out grown SBS 2003 and going to have to replace the server and start up a new exchange server. I just didn't know if there was something that was just as good or better for a cheaper price
June 14, 2012 6:14:51 PM

For a cheaper price, not really - I mean, some people prefer using hosted Exchange, but when your environment is over 50 users, the benefits start to diminish and it becomes just as much work as hosting itself yourself would (in my opinion).

Also, a question that many people overlook - How many hours are you going to have to put in if you change solutions? Migration, user training, and the portability of any custom software that is in place. :) 
!