New WotC Products for 2006

JANUARY

Races of the Dragon

Races of the Dragon provides D&D players and Dungeon Masters with an in-depth
look at races descended from or related to dragons. In addition to exploring the
fan-favorite kobold race, Races of the Dragon introduces two new races,
dragonborn and spellscales, and provides information on half-dragons. The
dragonborn are a transitive race, an exciting new concept that allows players to
transform from their initial race into a new one. The book also includes a
wealth of cultural information and new prestige classes, feats, equipment,
spells and magic items.

Player's Guide to Eberron

The Player's Guide to Eberron contains everything a player needs to know about
the Eberron campaign setting. Presenting information in an innovative spread
format, this comprehensive gazatteer covers key topics a character should know
about, from Aerenal to Zilargo, house politics to the Last War, dragons to the
Lords of Dust, without revealing information meant for Dungeon Masters only. New
feats, prestige classes, magic items, and spells are included in the relevant
entries.

FEBRUARY

The Red Hand of Doom

Rampaging hobgoblins and their allies threaten to destroy the realm and all who
stand before them. Characters who dare confront the horde soon discover that
these particular hobgoblins worship Tiamat, the evil queen of dragons, and
eventually come face-to-face with her draconic minions.

This 128-page adventure features a new format easily used by Dungeon Masters.
The Red Hand of Doom includes encounters designed for use with the D&D
miniatures game.

d20 Future Tech

d20 Future Tech is an extensive collection of high-tech items for use by players
and Gamemasters. Building on subsystems first presented in d20 Future, d20
Future Tech presents new gear and options for characters, vehicles, starships,
and mecha. Covering technology levels from the current era to the far future,
this supplement can be used in any style of modern or future campaign.

MARCH

Tome of Magic: Pact, Shadow, and True Name Magic

Tome of Magic introduces three new magic subsystems for the D&D game. Any or all
of these systems can easily be inserted into a campaign. Pact magic gives
characters the ability to channel lost souls, harnessing their abilities to gain
supernatural powers. Shadow magic draws power from the mysterious Plane of
Shadow. True name magic gives characters that learn and properly use the true
name of a creature or object immense power over it. All three systems introduce
new base classes and spellcasting mechanics. Also included are new feats,
prestige classes, magic items, and spells.

Power of Faerûn

Power of Faerûn is a comprehensive guidebook to playing high-level heroes and
running high-level campaigns in the Forgotten Realms. This supplement introduces
new options to players and Dungeon Masters as well as guidelines for startig a
temple, running a guild, leading an army, serving the crown, and participating
in political intrigues.

APRIL

Complete Psionic

Complete Psionic provides new options for creating and playing rich psionic
characters. Whether you're playing a devoted psion or psionic warrior, or a
member of a psionic race, or just looking to expand yor character's options,
this sourcebook has something for you. Players and Dungeon Masters gain access
to new combat options, powers, equipment, and prestige classes, as well as
exciting new character classes. Complete Psionic also provides new information
on psionic organizations, and Dungeon Masters will find material for
incorporating psionics into their campaign worlds.

Fantastic Locations: The Keep of Fallen Kings

Fantastic Locations: The Keep of Fallen Kings features two double-sided poster
maps for roleplaying and miniatures skirmish play. An accompanying 16-page
adventure can be dropped into any campaign.

Enemies include creatures from the recent D&D War Drums miniatures expansion.
The two poster maps can be put together to form a ruined stronghold, while the
reverse sides feature more ruins and battlefields players can explore.

Voyage of the Golden Dragon

This low-level stand-alone Eberron adventure revolves around the maiden voyage
of the Golden Dragon, an immense elemental skyship created as a symbol of peace
by the Five Nations of Khorvaire. On the Golden Dragon itself and at the
locations it visits, the player characters must unravel plots of intrigue
against the ship and its important passengers. Though it in not necessary to
play previous Eberron adventures before Voyage of the Golden Dragon, sidebars
explaining how they can be linked together are included.

They're also producing a new D&D Miniatures Game starter pack, and the next
expansion set is called War Drums, and comes out around March.

--
Christopher Adams - Sydney, Australia
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you

Berawler: Is there any sanity or light left in this shrivelled husk of a world?
SingingDancingMoose: There was, but we had to trade it in for the internet.
Berawler: That is quite possibly the best response to any question ever.

Christopher Adams wrote:

> JANUARY
>
> Races of the Dragon
>
> Races of the Dragon provides D&D players and Dungeon Masters with an in-depth
> look at races descended from or related to dragons. In addition to exploring the
> fan-favorite kobold race, Races of the Dragon introduces two new races,
> dragonborn and spellscales, and provides information on half-dragons. The
> dragonborn are a transitive race, an exciting new concept that allows players to
> transform from their initial race into a new one. The book also includes a
> wealth of cultural information and new prestige classes, feats, equipment,
> spells and magic items.

Cool! A kobold guidebook!

- Ron ^*^

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 18:26:07 -0400, Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> scribed
into the ether:

>Christopher Adams wrote:
>
>> JANUARY
>>
>> Races of the Dragon
>>
>> Races of the Dragon provides D&D players and Dungeon Masters with an in-depth
>> look at races descended from or related to dragons. In addition to exploring the
>> fan-favorite kobold race, Races of the Dragon introduces two new races,
>> dragonborn and spellscales, and provides information on half-dragons. The
>> dragonborn are a transitive race, an exciting new concept that allows players to
>> transform from their initial race into a new one. The book also includes a
>> wealth of cultural information and new prestige classes, feats, equipment,
>> spells and magic items.
>
>Cool! A kobold guidebook!

Now they just need a "Races of the Floaty Sphere", so that you can make
your Gas Spore Paladin at last.

Joseph

Distinguished
May 19, 2002

Matt Frisch <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote in

> On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 18:26:07 -0400, Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net>
> scribed into the ether:
>

>>Christopher Adams wrote:
>>
>>> JANUARY
>>>
>>> Races of the Dragon
>>>
>>> Races of the Dragon provides D&D players and Dungeon Masters with an
>>> in-depth look at races descended from or related to dragons. In
>>> addition to exploring the fan-favorite kobold race, Races of the
>>> Dragon introduces two new races, dragonborn and spellscales, and
>>> provides information on half-dragons. The dragonborn are a
>>> transitive race, an exciting new concept that allows players to
>>> transform from their initial race into a new one. The book also
>>> includes a wealth of cultural information and new prestige classes,
>>> feats, equipment, spells and magic items.
>>
>>Cool! A kobold guidebook!
>
> Now they just need a "Races of the Floaty Sphere", so that you can
> make your Gas Spore Paladin at last.

Well, I'm thankful that WOTC is providing options for players. And they
have taken some interesting risks like changing gnome mythology around in
Races of Stone. But I think WOTC does their market research; they are not
like TSR in that regard. These books are probably making a profit.

and the guide "Rock Singers"

.....for sto-roper bards

Mmmmnnaaaaarrrrrr

Matt Frisch wrote:

> Now they just need a "Races of the Floaty Sphere", so that you can make
> your Gas Spore Paladin at last.

Gas Spores are in Lords of Madness aren't they?

<checks> Yep, 10 HD would be a bit rough though, and it needs
awakened to be playable so it's got no official LA. Hmm, stats are
balanced after awakening, but that slam attack's pretty powerful, and
the flight's usually worth something (even at 10HD). +2 LA?

--
tussock

Aspie at work, sorry in advance.

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 20:17:07 +1200, tussock <scrub@clear.net.nz> scribed
into the ether:

>Matt Frisch wrote:
>>
>> Now they just need a "Races of the Floaty Sphere", so that you can make
>> your Gas Spore Paladin at last.
>
> Gas Spores are in Lords of Madness aren't they?
>
> <checks> Yep, 10 HD would be a bit rough though, and it needs
>awakened to be playable so it's got no official LA.

3E Gas Spores have 10 hit dice!? Doesn't that kind of negate the whole
point?

1E they had a single hitpoint...

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 22:17:39 +0000, Matt Frisch wrote:

> On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 20:17:07 +1200, tussock <scrub@clear.net.nz> scribed
> into the ether:
>
>> <checks> Yep, 10 HD would be a bit rough though, and it needs
>>awakened to be playable so it's got no official LA.
>
> 3E Gas Spores have 10 hit dice!? Doesn't that kind of negate the whole
> point?
>
> 1E they had a single hitpoint...

Now they have a CON of 4, so they are still easy to pop.

--
Phoenix

Matt Frisch wrote:
> tussock wrote:
>>Matt Frisch wrote:
>>
>>>Now they just need a "Races of the Floaty Sphere", so that you can make
>>>your Gas Spore Paladin at last.
>>
>> Gas Spores are in Lords of Madness aren't they?
>>
>> <checks> Yep, 10 HD would be a bit rough though, and it needs
>>awakened to be playable so it's got no official LA.
>
> 3E Gas Spores have 10 hit dice!? Doesn't that kind of negate the whole
> point?

It's a trick to give them a half-decent slam attack, AFAICT.

> 1E they had a single hitpoint...

4 Con, so 15 HP. CR 3. Same problem as always; if you're capable of
fighting beholders, these things aren't much of a threat, and if you're
not you won't take one on anyway.

--

Christopher Adams wrote:

> Voyage of the Golden Dragon
>
> This low-level stand-alone Eberron adventure revolves around the
> maiden voyage of the Golden Dragon, an immense elemental skyship
> created as a symbol of peace by the Five Nations of Khorvaire.

<obscure>
Interesting. The Lighthouse, a la Eberron. Are we *sure* Keith Baker
and Rich Baker aren't related?
</obscure>

--
Nik
- remove vermin from email address to reply.

Nikolas Landauer <dacileva.flea@hotmail.com.tick> wrote:
> Christopher Adams wrote:
>>
>> Voyage of the Golden Dragon
>>
>> This low-level stand-alone Eberron adventure revolves around the
>> maiden voyage of the Golden Dragon, an immense elemental skyship
>> created as a symbol of peace by the Five Nations of Khorvaire.
>
><obscure>
> Interesting. The Lighthouse, a la Eberron. Are we *sure* Keith Baker
> and Rich Baker aren't related?
></obscure>

To be honest, I figured they probably were.

Keith

Keith Davies wrote:
> Nikolas Landauer <dacileva.flea@hotmail.com.tick> wrote:
>
>>Christopher Adams wrote:
>>
>>>Voyage of the Golden Dragon
>>>
>>>This low-level stand-alone Eberron adventure revolves around the
>>>maiden voyage of the Golden Dragon, an immense elemental skyship
>>>created as a symbol of peace by the Five Nations of Khorvaire.
>>
>><obscure>
>>Interesting. The Lighthouse, a la Eberron. Are we *sure* Keith Baker
>>and Rich Baker aren't related?
>></obscure>
>

> To be honest, I figured they probably were.

Maybe there will be a one-eyed female captain, a Chaotic Evil warforged,
and a really dumb guy from the past serving on board.

- Ron ^*^

Keith Davies wrote:
> Nikolas Landauer wrote:
> > Christopher Adams wrote:
> > >
> > > Voyage of the Golden Dragon
> > >
> > > This low-level stand-alone Eberron adventure revolves
> > > around the maiden voyage of the Golden Dragon, an
> > > immense elemental skyship created as a symbol of peace
> > > by the Five Nations of Khorvaire.
> >
> > <obscure>
> > Interesting. The Lighthouse, a la Eberron. Are we
> > *sure* Keith Baker and Rich Baker aren't related?
> > </obscure>
>
> To be honest, I figured they probably were.

They're not. Heh. I was just making a joke as to the similarity
between this concept and one of my favorite Alternity/Star*Drive
products (since Rich Baker was one of the main Star*Drive guys).