Your question

Help: bent pins

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Processors
  • Ripping
Last response: in CPUs
October 9, 2002 4:34:52 AM

I am the proud owner of a P4 2.53 processor with bent pins (don't ask). Is there a reputable site who could repair it without ripping me off? Or is there a tool that is out there that could fix the processor and does not require a great learning curve. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
Mark

More about : bent pins

October 9, 2002 5:35:05 AM

Take your time and use a long thin piece of metal that fits beteen the rows of pins and straighten a row at a time. A good piece of metal to use is a blank that you remove when you install a new PCI card.

Gently rock it back and fourth and you should be able to fix all the bent pins.

You are limited to what your mind can perceive.
a b à CPUs
October 11, 2002 7:53:14 AM

I'll fix them all for you for $10 labor. It's typically 5-10 minutes work. 10-15 minutes for a really bad one.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
October 11, 2002 2:33:37 PM

ya 10 -15 minutes for like a whole row of bent pins. I was surprised and my friend was freakin out. He almost hyperventilated! But i bent the pins back using some scrap peice of metal i found and after a couple tries to pop it in it fit in and turned it on and worked fine.

Life is irrelivent and irrational.

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=9933" target="_new"> My Rig </A>
!