MN-500 cannot access the Internet

Last response: in Networking
Share
January 26, 2005 10:02:13 AM

I've been working on this problem for hours and not
getting anywhere. Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

I'm using Bell's DSL which has been working great with 1
PC. I just installed the MN-500 wireless router so I can
use the laptop. The setup wizard could not connect to the
internet even though the router indicator light was good.
I then manually connected to the router to configure it,
both my PC & laptop can access the routher fine. Still
couldn't get to the internet. I checked the line again
by connecting the DSL modem/router to the PC or the
laptop, good internet connection. Plugged it back
through the wireless router, no connection. Indicator on
the wireless router still show solid green connectivity!
Any ideas? Thanks.

More about : 500 access internet

January 26, 2005 11:41:05 AM

Bell South was down for a day in my area and I
experienced similiar problems reconfiguring the router.

It appeared that the base station programming was not
successfully completing after running the wizard. I
could tell because the SSID was displaying the default
MSHOME (instead of the value I had entered) and my base
station password would not open the Management Tool.
(default password to base station is admin). The result
was that the base station did not have the
username/password and correct internet connection type
selected to complete the connection from base station to
modem.

I ran the wizard several times -- it finally did program
the base station and everything works.

Try the following: Connect to the base station using an
ethernet cable and open the Management Tool. Verify that
PPOE is chosen as the Internet Connection Type under the
Wide Area Network option and enter your bellsouth
username and password.

Hope this helps.

Robin

January 26, 2005 1:55:28 PM

Thanks for your suggestion, I'll verify the WAN setting,
I don't recall seeing PPPoE, could be it.

January 27, 2005 10:16:42 AM

Thanks again Robin, setup PPPoE and tada....

!