Video Driver - ATI Radeon 9800 128

I attempted to update the driver for the ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128 to the
latest from the Dell Site (A05). My current properties for the video card
indicates the driver is 6.14.10.6414. After updating and rebooting, the
driver still list the same version. When updating, I was notified that a
file that was being installed was older then the existing file and did I
want to overwrite the newer file - I said no to all and that could be part
of the problem. I do not recall updating the video driver since I obtained
the computer in 01/04.

I have a Dimension 8300.

Has anyone updated their video driver with Rd5213.exe (version A05)? If
so, what driver version is displayed in properties of the video card?
Thanks
Charlie
Charliec

go to ati.com and get the latest driver

"Charliec" <charliec@invalid.address.com> wrote in message
>I attempted to update the driver for the ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128 to the
> latest from the Dell Site (A05). My current properties for the video card
> indicates the driver is 6.14.10.6414. After updating and rebooting, the
> driver still list the same version. When updating, I was notified that a
> file that was being installed was older then the existing file and did I
> want to overwrite the newer file - I said no to all and that could be part
> of the problem. I do not recall updating the video driver since I
> obtained
> the computer in 01/04.
>
> I have a Dimension 8300.
>
> Has anyone updated their video driver with Rd5213.exe (version A05)? If
> so, what driver version is displayed in properties of the video card?
> Thanks
> Charlie
> Charliec

Is that the one you have used instead of the one on the Dell site?

>"WSZsr" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote:

>go to ati.com and get the latest driver
>
>"Charliec" <charliec@invalid.address.com> wrote in message
>>I attempted to update the driver for the ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128 to the
>> latest from the Dell Site (A05). My current properties for the video card
>> indicates the driver is 6.14.10.6414. After updating and rebooting, the
>> driver still list the same version. When updating, I was notified that a
>> file that was being installed was older then the existing file and did I
>> want to overwrite the newer file - I said no to all and that could be part
>> of the problem. I do not recall updating the video driver since I
>> obtained
>> the computer in 01/04.
>>
>> I have a Dimension 8300.
>>
>> Has anyone updated their video driver with Rd5213.exe (version A05)? If
>> so, what driver version is displayed in properties of the video card?
>> Thanks
>> Charlie
>> Charliec

Charliec

Yes, always the latest on the ATI website.